Obama uses his death rays

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mrs GF showed me that this morning, very sad.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
What bothers me is that he was at or nearly at the top of the acting business.

Indeed.
Who knows what goes on in the mind of someone willing to commit suicide? Euthanasia by choice for terminal illness I can understand, but not stuff like this.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So far, my understanding is that there was no suicide note, so who knows what was going on.

Of course, there are the rumors put out there by scandal sheets, but I'll be "happier" (such as that is) once they've done a full investigation and perhaps share it with the public.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Very sad- we are huge Rizzolli & Isles fans and enjoyed the character played by Lee Young a lot. :( mental illness is not dependent on how rich you are, how sucessful you are, etc...it's an illness that can kill. :( very sad.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
We were shocked that no mention of his passing was made in the credits of this week's episode. It's not difficult to make an addendum like that these days.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Maybe he suffered from depression. Or maybe he suffered from chemical-induced depression from the use of legal or illegal substances. Medication and drugs in general don't always help people mentally, sometimes they can really mess with one's head either as a matter of course or as a side effect.

Jim of WVa

Well Known GateFan
We were shocked that no mention of his passing was made in the credits of this week's episode. It's not difficult to make an addendum like that these days.

They dedicated the episode to him after the episode but before the credits (memory of order uncertain).