nu Star Trek 3 gets go ahead and new director

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Wait....Roberto "Fkk the fans" Orci??? :icon_e_surprised:

roberto_orci.png

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! He is one of the reasons Star Trek has become horrible. :(. I wonder if he was the one who came up with "red matter", or perhaps blowing up Vulcan? Maybe he was the one responsible for Uhura and Spock having quickies in the turbolift? I dont really care now...this isnt Star Trek. Well, it is for those who dont know any better, but times change, huh? :sulkiness:

Roberto Orci's filmography:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0649460/

Where is the science fiction?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Isn't he the dick that was too afraid to make Khan a mongol because it wouldn't have been PC to have a villain of color? :rolleyes:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The very same. I will not be paying to see this movie.

Hopefully few will. Then maybe the scourge of Kurtzman and Orci can be purged from screenwriting....

Last edited:
B

Backstep

Toss NuTrek and Enterprise on the heap then burn them. The Gods of Sci-Fi are not pleased, hence so much emo melodramatic soap-fi.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
From the comments over at http://trekmovie.com/2014/05/13/roberto-orci-named-director-of-star-trek-3/ , seems Orci is the only fan of Trek of JJ's crew. Never watched his commentary stuff of the two movies, or commentary on any movie. Most people over there seems to be ok with him as director. I'm not really sold cause of three things regardless of whatever director/screenwriters they use (screenwriters seem to be two Mormon? proteges of K & O):

Transwarp kills the need for spaceships; how will they rectify that, or will they just ignore it altogether? Both paths seem bad.

Magic blood could be a panacea for all health issues. How will they address that?

Last thing is the bling'ed up Klignons they introduced. Gonna ignore it altogether or go with the confrontation in the new movie with the gangsta Klignons retreading familiar grounds again, i.e., rehashed story, and ignore the possibility of exploration of space?

Last two movies sort of have written them into a hole in terms of crap they introduced. God, I wish it would just go back to tv. Why does CBS fucking hold on to the tv rights? Just why? Quit being a buncha wankers.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Orci is the dipstick who decided Khan had to be British because they could not have a non-caucasian villain. That marks him as a fool to me.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
You could be non-Caucasian and British. They should've gotten Ben Kingsley or something.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You could be non-Caucasian and British. They should've gotten Ben Kingsley or something.

The guy they used in ST 2009 for the Captain of the Kelvin, Faran Tahir, would have made a PERFECT Kahn Noonien Singh:

Richard_Robau.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True. But alas it was not done that way.

At least they got rid of Damon Lindelof, who was the goober responsible for the single biggest failing of ST:ID - the script. You would think that after he was responsible for the cinematic gibberish called Prometheus they would have known better than to entrust him with Star Trek, but alas Hollywood and wisdom are not synonyms.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The gall of Orci last year
From the comments over at http://trekmovie.com/2014/05/13/roberto-orci-named-director-of-star-trek-3/ , seems Orci is the only fan of Trek of JJ's crew. Never watched his commentary stuff of the two movies, or commentary on any movie. Most people over there seems to be ok with him as director. I'm not really sold cause of three things regardless of whatever director/screenwriters they use (screenwriters seem to be two Mormon? proteges of K & O):

Transwarp kills the need for spaceships; how will they rectify that, or will they just ignore it altogether? Both paths seem bad.

Magic blood could be a panacea for all health issues. How will they address that?

Last thing is the bling'ed up Klignons they introduced. Gonna ignore it altogether or go with the confrontation in the new movie with the gangsta Klignons retreading familiar grounds again, i.e., rehashed story, and ignore the possibility of exploration of space?

Last two movies sort of have written them into a hole in terms of crap they introduced. God, I wish it would just go back to tv. Why does CBS fucking hold on to the tv rights? Just why? Quit being a buncha wankers.

Im really really bothered by those Blingons. :( They seem like a street gang dressed up for space duty. And the way Kahn blew a few of them out of the air with a single shot just shows me that these writers dont know shit about Star Trek. The helmets, the utterly dumb looking skull plates and those new eyes they have ruins it in advance. They even have pointy ears like Vulcans now. :facepalm: The new warbirds are totally lame looking. Im afraid to see what the Cruiser looks like. :(

Trek is swirling down the toilet. It is undoubtedly a big moneymaker for Paramount again, but it's soul of science has been ripped out and replaced with dumb fluff for the masses. If Trek ever does make it back to TV, I hope it wont be NuTrek. The old universe was perfection. Any TV show would have to be about exploration and have some science in it, but I doubt that is the way it would go. I expect it will be something like Twilight in Space. :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The gall of Orci last year

Im really really bothered by those Blingons. :( They seem like a street gang dressed up for space duty. And the way Kahn blew a few of them out of the air with a single shot just shows me that these writers dont know shit about Star Trek. The helmets, the utterly dumb looking skull plates and those new eyes they have ruins it in advance. They even have pointy ears like Vulcans now. :facepalm: The new warbirds are totally lame looking. Im afraid to see what the Cruiser looks like. :(

Trek is swirling down the toilet. It is undoubtedly a big moneymaker for Paramount again, but it's soul of science has been ripped out and replaced with dumb fluff for the masses. If Trek ever does make it back to TV, I hope it wont be NuTrek. The old universe was perfection. Any TV show would have to be about exploration and have some science in it, but I doubt that is the way it would go. I expect it will be something like Twilight in Space. :(

bolded= You can always get a FB petition page going for that CPT WORF show that has been reported as being oh-so-close to production several times. I think CBS was the last network with that ball :beguiled:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember Orci is also the one who had PC concerns about Khan being non-caucasian. Our only hope at this point is Damon Lindelof is gone. But that is a slim hope.