New to the Stargate Atlantis Books

rsharpe

GateFans Noob
I'll probably be buying some of the SGA books. Is there an order in which they should be read or are there any that stand out as the best? Thanks for any comments!

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
^Seconded.

The only order i would say is important is the Legacy series "Homecoming" being the first one and released a short while ago.

Some of the books are easy to work out where they fit in the timeline of the series. Others could slot in anywhere IMO.

I have them all and have realy enjoyed the majority of them. Some times the characters are OOC but all in all, ive read worse tv show tag on books.

(i have read better gen fanfic than all these books, but there you go)

Hyndara

GateFans Noob
I have both, the SG1-novels and the SGA-novels. For me the SGA-ones are a way better.
Mh, you want a tip, okay. I would think "Rising" is a good one, based on the original script of the pilot. I also enjoy "Reliquary" but as you can see I'm a Shep-fan and also a whump-fan. This novel includes both and so *very big, very evil grin*... I also liked "Blood Ties". Not the best novel but it's enjoyable.
About the Lecacy-series I cannot say anything. I decided to wait reading the books till the last is published.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Shadowcat

GateFans Noob
I've read several (not all) of the novels. The most readable ones in my opinion are "Rising", "Death Game", "Casualties of War" (though Shep is a bit emo in it), "Mirror, Mirror" (I think that's the one where Rodney is dreaming of eating lemon merenge pie and not in a suicidal way). I've read "Exogenesis" too but I can't remember much about it. Avoid "Hunt and Run" like the plague. I just found a short review I did for "Entanglement" in my little What I Read book: "Slow. Not very good. Bad characterization. Too many references to snack cakes." so, I don't recommend that one. I finished "Brimstone" last night; it read like bad, bad fanfiction. "Dead End" was decent if not great. "Homecoming" was pretty good except it had *way* too much Keller in my opinion.