New Terminator Series in the Works

heisenberg

Earl Grey
heisenberg submitted a new blog post:

New Terminator Series in the Works

According to sources at deadline, there are new plans to put a new Terminator series back on the small screen. For those who were were a fan of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, you will sadly be disappointed, as this is NOT a continuation from that series. However, there are two writes from T.S.C.C. series, Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller, who will be doing the writing for the new Terminator series.

The basic plot according to deadline is,"The series will follow a critical moment from the original...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Just sayin'. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They have beat this series over the head, killed it's zombie, now they are resurrecting it using the surviving DNA which was tucked away at Warehouse 13? :facepalm:. They failed at a lame TV series format (Sarah Connor Chronicles), they screwed up the main storyline with Terminator 4, they jumped the shark with Terminator 3...wth?

I honestly rolled my eyes when I saw this. But thanks for posting this...or should I say WARNING us of this impending fart cloud. :anim_59:

terminator4.jpg

heisenberg

Earl Grey
They have beat this series over the head, killed it's zombie, now they are resurrecting it using the surviving DNA which was tucked away at Warehouse 13? :facepalm:. They failed at a lame TV series format (Sarah Connor Chronicles), they screwed up the main storyline with Terminator 4, they jumped the shark with Terminator 3...wth?

I honestly rolled my eyes when I saw this. But thanks for posting this...or should I say WARNING us of this impending fart cloud. :anim_59:

View attachment 29035
Sorry! I thought we could use some science fiction news even if it's bad news. I will say this though, I didn't like TSCC series at all. I watched the first few minutes and flipped to another channel. I think it was the fact that the person who played Sarah Connor, couldn't act.
I am certainly not looking forward to this either. It's just spells out disaster and epic fail.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Sorry! I thought we could use some science fiction news even if it's bad news. I will say this though,I didn't like TSCC series at all. I think it was I watched the first few minutes and flipped to another channel. I think iwas the fact that the person who played Sarah Connor, couldn't act.
I am certainly not looking forward to this either. It's just spells out disaster and epic fail.

Oh, we're not bashing you H for bringing us this news, we're just lamenting the piss poor production that we all know it will be. Such a shame because it's a very good premise. :moody:

On the upside, maybe we can start an online petition to get Summer Glau back in the game. With her track record of killing off TV shows we just might find ourselves spared this episodic abortion. :encouragement:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Sorry! I thought we could use some science fiction news even if it's bad news. I will say this though, I didn't like TSCC series at all. I watched the first few minutes and flipped to another channel. I think it was the fact that the person who played Sarah Connor, couldn't act.

I was ribbing ya man! PLEASE continue posting these news articles. Any news in Science Fiction is news these days. Just because I am a H8TR for Terminator after Arnie, does not mean you shouldnt post them. :) Thanks for taking the time out to do it. :cameron21:

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Oh, we're not bashing you H for bringing us this news, we're just lamenting the piss poor production that we all know it will be. Such a shame because it's a very good premise. :moody:

On the upside, maybe we can start an online petition to get Summer Glau back in the game. With her track record of killing off TV shows we just might find ourselves spared this episodic abortion. :encouragement:

I agree! I wouldn't mind getting a Terminator series but they picked the wrong people to make the new series. Better get used to it though, because we are going to see a ton of reboots and remakes. Hell, they are thinking about rebooting the classic comedy flick, Naked Gun for pete's sake :rolleyes:
http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/13/5208076/ed-helms-will-star-as-frank-drebin-in-naken-gun-reboot

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I was spotty on my Sarah Connor Chronicles viewing but wasn't Summer Glau's terminator emotional at some point? A killing machine that cries and/or loves? :rolleyes:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was spotty on my Sarah Connor Chronicles viewing but wasn't Summer Glau's terminator emotional at some point? A killing machine that cries and/or loves? :rolleyes:

OMG it was lame....just how spotty were you? I watched like 6 episodes. They got Sarah Connor all wrong, they got the Terminators wrong, they dumped a bunch of drama syrup on it, and yeah there were emotions in Summer Glau's terminator (Cameron) later. :facepalm:. Nothing about the show felt right to me. This was the season 1 trailer:

Just....OMG, like...did you even catch this particular episode, I think it was Episode 7 of season 1. Before you click play, note that this is a TERMINATOR:

Yes, a Terminator dancing ballet, complete with tinkling piano. So, please help me to understand why even 30 seconds should be wasted showing us how well a Terminator dances ballet?

disappointed.gif

heisenberg

Earl Grey
OMG it was lame....just how spotty were you? I watched like 6 episodes. They got Sarah Connor all wrong, they got the Terminators wrong, they dumped a bunch of drama syrup on it, and yeah there were emotions in Summer Glau's terminator (Cameron) later. :facepalm:. Nothing about the show felt right to me. This was the season 1 trailer:

Just....OMG, like...did you even catch this particular episode, I think it was Episode 7 of season 1. Before you click play, note that this is a TERMINATOR:

Yes, a Terminator dancing ballet, complete with tinkling piano. So, please help me to understand why even 30 seconds should be wasted showing us how well a Terminator dances ballet?

View attachment 29036

LMAO! That is it! That beginning segment is why I flipped to another channel. That 5 minutes alone was enough for me. She just makes me cringe. She can't act and the Terminator who is after her and her son, is another failed moment.

I like the track that is played in that ballet though(Chopin's Nocturne C Sharp Minor) but that scene probably has no context or meaning to the series. It just seems random.

How was this series given 2 seasons let alone one? How did the pilot even get greenlit?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LMAO! That is it! That beginning segment is why I flipped to another channel. That 5 minutes alone was enough for me. She just makes me cringe. She can't act and the Terminator who is after her and her son, is another failed moment.

I like the track that is played in that ballet though(Chopin's Nocturne C Sharp Minor) but that scene probably has no context or meaning to the series. It just seems random.

How was this series given 2 seasons let alone one? How did the pilot even get greenlit?

Another classical fan! Of course I love the music, and I also admire Summer Glau's ballet, as she was obviously classically trained in ballet. :0 But like I said before the clip...the context is that she is a Terminator. When you couple that with the utterly lame, over-acted Sarah Connor they wrote for the series, you get caca.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I only saw a little bit of the first season. From what I recall I tried to tune in several times but it wasn't riveting enough to keep my attention so I changed the channel. Frankly I'm tired of the old trope of "AI seeks to become human" plots. Walt Disney did it with Pinocchio and later we got Data on TNG. Then we got the laughable Cylons in nuBSG, etc. etc. etc. Personally I just don't get the appeal of turning a machine into a human.

The Terminator has a specific job to do. Having it act human in order to blend in and not be noticed in the crowd is one thing, but to give it emotions is just dumb.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I only saw a little bit of the first season. From what I recall I tried to tune in several times but it wasn't riveting enough to keep my attention so I changed the channel. Frankly I'm tired of the old trope of "AI seeks to become human" plots. Walt Disney did it with Pinocchio and later we got Data on TNG. Then we got the laughable Cylons in nuBSG, etc. etc. etc. Personally I just don't get the appeal of turning a machine into a human.

The Terminator has a specific job to do. Having it act human in order to blend in and not be noticed in the crowd is one thing, but to give it emotions is just dumb.
They took it way over the top and over the rainbow and then down the rabbit hole for the Doctor on Voyager. Picardo butchered that character IMO. It was him who pushed for the producers to expand his role and make him an allegory for the "struggle" for holograms to be considered people. :facepalm:.

Why didnt they feel that way about the holograms in the holodeck? Janeway could have kept her Fair Haven boyfriend, and Harry Kim could have just programmed himself a nice girlfriend and spared us all of the pathetic episodes of him chasing unattainable females in the show.

What was with Kes? I still dont know what they were thinking when they had her in the show. Still, I think Janeway was one of my favorite captains. She was strong, smart, funny and professional. They even morphed Troi from the ship's cheerleader to a competent female character who was more than cheesy hair styles and lip gloss she was when the show started.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They took it way over the top and over the rainbow and then down the rabbit hole for the Doctor on Voyager. Picardo butchered that character IMO. It was him who pushed for the producers to expand his role and make him an allegory for the "struggle" for holograms to be considered people. :facepalm:.

Why didnt they feel that way about the holograms in the holodeck? Janeway could have kept her Fair Haven boyfriend, and Harry Kim could have just programmed himself a nice girlfriend and spared us all of the pathetic episodes of him chasing unattainable females in the show.

What was with Kes? I still dont know what they were thinking when they had her in the show. Still, I think Janeway was one of my favorite captains. She was strong, smart, funny and professional. They even morphed Troi from the ship's cheerleader to a competent female character who was more than cheesy hair styles and lip gloss she was when the show started.

OMG, that uniform they had Troi wear the first season -- :facepalm:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Just sayin'. ;)

It is also true that the scarcity of rewards makes ppl, primates and dogs continue to do the same thing over and over, always remembering, and chasing after that one time they hit it big

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

Harry Kim should have programmed himself a promotion. You do realize he was the only crew member to not be promoted? ( just like Maj Paul Davis on SG1.)

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Forget how she was dressed. She was the most useless character in the series. Horrible actor. I refuse to watch TNG episodes focused around her character. This is because those episodes to me were soap opera. Like the episode of her getting pregnant. WTH?

Her character and tons of filler episodes is why I prefer voyager over TNG. Though I still love TNG!

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Forget how she was dressed. She was the most useless character in the series. Horrible actor. I refuse to watch TNG episodes focused around her character. This is because those episodes to me were soap opera. Like the episode of her getting pregnant. WTH?

Her character and tons of filler episodes is why I prefer voyager over TNG. Though I still love TNG!

AGREE! I still prefer Voyager over all the other shows. But I also liked DS9 a lot Troi always seemed like a filler character to me. In Voyager, my only sticking point was the Doctor. He was always a self centered, narcissistic prick and I was always annoyed by his whining about being a person with rights and so forth. It worked somewhat with Data, but not for the Doctor. How could they consider the holodeck characters "not real", then turn around and fight for the "rights" of the Doctor? Why would those stupid episodes not address the issue with regular holodeck holographic people too? Robert Picardo the actor had a lot to do with that nonsense.