More Mayan Ruins

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
That's awesome. I wonder what happened to them.

there is a long list of civilizations where there cities have been found and, although in some instances, like the Maya, the people still exist, in many cases, the people also "disappeared". probably dispersing for whatever reason and mixing in with others or starting a new culture.

some think the Maya experienced prolonged drought and to avoid famine and disease disbursed into the jungle in family/village units though not all cities were left. the last mayan city fell to the spanish in the 1600's

the nok, and others of west and southern africa, also had extensive cities, planned and built in a orderly fashion. they too left their cities for unknown reasons

the khymer of cambodia, built their cities is a manner not all that dissimilar from the Mayan or those before them (olmec)

this leaves more evidence for a non-Clovis ppl arrival to the america's from asia based only on city and water way design and structure of the buildings

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
there is a long list of civilizations where there cities have been found and, although in some instances, like the Maya, the people still exist, in many cases, the people also "disappeared". probably dispersing for whatever reason and mixing in with others or starting a new culture.

some think the Maya experienced prolonged drought and to avoid famine and disease disbursed into the jungle in family/village units though not all cities were left. the last mayan city fell to the spanish in the 1600's

the nok, and others of west and southern africa, also had extensive cities, planned and built in a orderly fashion. they too left their cities for unknown reasons

the khymer of cambodia, built their cities is a manner not all that dissimilar from the Mayan or those before them (olmec)

this leaves more evidence for a non-Clovis ppl arrival to the america's from asia based only on city and water way design and structure of the buildings

There is an agenda to suppress the age and origin of these type of archaeological sites when they pre-date European history. Petty, but pervasive. More and more evidence is showing that these civilizations are more than 10,000 years old, not just 4000 or 5000. The picture of the "Old World" emerging is one where all of the northern climates were covered with ice during the last ice age, while Africa and South America and the middle latitudes of Asia were ice-free during the entire time. More than 20,000 years to develop and build the Mayan, Inca, Nazca, ancient Egypt, Mali, Nubia, Anghor Wat, Easter Island, and even the more northern civilizations of Teotihuacan in Mexico. There is strong evidence that these civilizations traded, even across the Atlantic.

Climate Change destroyed the old world when the ice age ended. Ice melted, sea levels rose and buried coastal cities, and in other places the waters drained (like the Sahara and the inland ocean of the Pacific Northwest in North America)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
There is an agenda to suppress the age and origin of these type of archaeological sites when they pre-date European

totally agree!

and like I was saying in the Peruvian elongated skulls DNA findings stuff, the old standby of "europeans do it better..always and forever" is hand in glove allied with those native americans of today-of north and south america. whose tribes' DNA traces to Clovis ppl (those who crossed the bering land bridge).

they fight and even take legal action to suppress findings that show ANY pre Clovis arrival from Europe, Asia, Oceania or Africa!

one of the most obvious and recent finds was in southern cali. that was when mastodon bones were dug up from a soil layer that dates about 40,000 yrs (recall..i may be a little off on that) earlier then Clovis' arrival!

I know what the European first--barring the 'nobel savage' clovis of course cause they are 'admirable savages..here ,here'-- arrival reasoning is. I don't get the native american clovis ppl's issues are?

they would still be the largest and most lasting native american culture to have came here.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i mean it doesn't really matter who came here..obviously all who claim it DID get here!

any bragging rights are ancient by now---dumbness and stupidity of man blocking knowledge

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Man that video must be one of the awesomest I've ever seen! Thanks for that pal. So much evidence for highly advanced culture and technology predating what is generally accepted as modern history, as well as a cataclysmic event. Something like it might happen at any moment again.