Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows 8.1 users ALREADY?

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Thanks OM1 . That's the info I needed . I had no idea as to how or if I wanted to even use windows again and only as a gaming platform OS anyway .I don't like bullies and Microscum should be sued by the rest of the world for trying to shove all our heads down there micromanagement toilet ...

:nono: :nono: :nono:
:beckett_new050: :beckett_new050: :beckett_new050:

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
It appears that the MicroShifties have more than one problem to solve.

It appears as of yesterday, at least on my business channel, that the X-Box life has finally expired.

I was snickering away from that announcement when someone got their revenge on me by announcing that "Prince" had indeed expired as well.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks OM1 . That's the info I needed . I had no idea as to how or if I wanted to even use windows again and only as a gaming platform OS anyway .I don't like bullies and Microscum should be sued by the rest of the world for trying to shove all our heads down there micromanagement toilet ...

:nono: :nono: :nono:
:beckett_new050: :beckett_new050: :beckett_new050:

They are walling their garden. Apple started out in a walled garden, so their fanboys and fangurls are already trained followers. But Microsoft was never in a walled garden. They did not have to wall off their garden because nobody was competing with them much. But with Linux Mint making inroads in homes and businesses, with Android and cloud based applications, nobody really "needs" Microsoft anymore. Since Windows 8.0, they have been bleeding profusely and now they are not seeing a path for future growth. They are pushing Azure to the enterprise, but that is going to fail because it requires and depends on a solid high bandwidth internet connection and it is just too damned expensive.

Microsoft is trying to "lock in" Windows, and force Windows 10 which is the most intrusive, most glitchy and ugliest OS they have ever created IMO. It's reputation has out-crapped even Windows Vista. It sucks even though it's the first free OS ever offered by MS. I will never run it outside of an isolated virtual machine. I installed it on one of my VMs and it started scanning the MAPPED drives in my home network, plus it tried to access my other Windows VMs via Network and Sharing even though there were no mapped resources. The solution was to not give the VM any network interfaces at all.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Well from dealing with 7 and I thought it was the best version yet , I no longer believe that . They are trying to making win 7 as obtrusive and diabolical as 10 .

:shame: :shame: :shame:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well from dealing with 7 and I thought it was the best version yet , I no longer believe that . They are trying to making win 7 as obtrusive and diabolical as 10 .

:shame: :shame: :shame:

They did that by "updating" it (transforming it) into something other than Windows 7, right in your face. They added all sorts of shit to allow them the same intrusive features as they get built into Windows 10. I have ZERO trust in Microsoft Security. I am perfectly willing to manage it though, and solve all the problems Microsoft causes for it's users. Linux is basically bulletproof if you do not use proprietary drivers and programs. You can leave it running literally for YEARS and never have an issue with it or have to restart it. But why would you want to? :)