Metro Last Light

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Anyone play this yet? What are your thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/metro-last-light/

images

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
its a pretty game sure however keeping in mind you have said you enjoy openworld games such as fallout i doubt youd enjoy the overly linear gameplay, the English voice acting is also incredible bad so bad infact that its almost good tho i have been told going for the original russian dub with subtitles is prefered tho i have yet to try that myself. overall i guess im not unhappy that i bought it as it killed a few hours for me but in retrospect i would have bought something else instead.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, I do like "sandbox" type games where I can roam, but I'm okay with linear games if they are well done. Love a good alien/zombie FPS.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah, I do like "sandbox" type games where I can roam, but I'm okay with linear games if they are well done. Love a good alien/zombie FPS.

Yeah, this game is good if you want atmosphere but like Omni said, it has it's major flaws. However, let me just say this game looks damn gorgeous on the PC. The lighting is insane.

Metro is also quite explicit when it comes to adult content and it's not side boobs but frontal. It doesn't even go with the storyline. It's random lol but the game is damn immersive.

Are you into open-world Fantasy RPG? Heard of the witcher? The 3rd installment of this game is going to open-end world type of game but the first two aren't. Though, they are still enjoyable.

Oh, and if you have kids, it's best that you don't play it when they are around. This game is quite explicit when it comes to boobs & language.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I haven't heard of Witcher but I'll check it out. I actually saw an ad on TV the other day for Metro Last Light which looked really cool. They didn't show any nudity though, lol. That stuff doesn't bother me to be honest. I'm also going to check out Metro 2033, which is the prequel.

ETA -- Looks like Witcher isn't available on PS3. :(

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I haven't heard of Witcher but I'll check it out. I actually saw an ad on TV the other day for Metro Last Light which looked really cool. They didn't show any nudity though, lol. That stuff doesn't bother me to be honest. I'm also going to check out Metro 2033, which is the prequel.

ETA -- Looks like Witcher isn't available on PS3. :(

Metro 2033 was actually given away for free during the humble bundle. Now it's going to cost you.As for The Witcher, that was a PC exclusive title. It was later ported to the 360 but the game is better if played on a PC. Not to mention, the game looks better on PC anyway.

The witcher 3 however is coming to the ps4 and xbox one so if you are planning to get those two, it comes out on those two platforms.

There is also another game these guys are making called cyberpunk that's actually science fiction but the trailer music sucks and it's hard to get clues of what the trailer means.

Have you checked out deus ex human revolution? The soundtrack in deus ex HR is amazing! Great game too, if you are into cyberpunk. There is also dishornored if you are into the fantasy.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
OHHHH
A cyberpunk game, will be looking out for that one :)