McKay vs Carter

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Which character did you enjoy better? Personally I prefer McKay. He has some inner nerd in him. Sam's nice and all, but she seems like too much of a yuppie. No offence to Sam fans.

Maybe we could have a poll if people want to participate.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Sam fan here

Which character did you enjoy better? Personally I prefer McKay. He has some inner nerd in him. Sam's nice and all, but she seems like too much of a yuppie. No offence to Sam fans.

Maybe we could have a poll if people want to participate.

I'm a sam fan. I liked the fact she was gorgeous, brilliant and she even got a love life (such as it was :P)- she was simply doing it all! :P McKay has always annoyed me (ok I admit less now than he did originally!:P) and I could only take his whining sooooooo long! :whip:

But Samantha had it all- she was brilliant and very resourceful. She didn't whine as she performed her "miracles"- she just did them. Sam didn't toot her own horn as mckay did all the time! :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, she was pretty amazing at times but I just can't picture myself having a conversation with her. I don't think she can talk about anything outside of 'shop' so to speak. Think I'd have better chances with McKay.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Yeah, she was pretty amazing at times but I just can't picture myself having a conversation with her. I don't think she can talk about anything outside of 'shop' so to speak. Think I'd have better chances with McKay.

being a female geek like Sam is, i can easily imagine a convo between us. After all in the final season (10) she and Vala found common ground at the Mall. :) I am not a blonde...but I still imagine any convo with mckay would be him talking to my boobs..:( Not a conversation I ever enjoy having!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
being a female geek like Sam is, i can easily imagine a convo between us. After all in the final season (10) she and Vala found common ground at the Mall. :) I am not a blonde...but I still imagine any convo with mckay would be him talking to my boobs..:( Not a conversation I ever enjoy having!

That's only because they spoiled him on SGU! :lol:

I'm a Sam fan too as she is brilliant without being arrogant. :cool:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
That's only because they spoiled him on SGU! :lol:

I'm a Sam fan too as she is brilliant without being arrogant. :cool:

LMAO - he was like that loooooong before he got to sgu. He was that way often especially in sg1- I disliked him the most then. (never watched his ep on sgu) He got better in sga....but still was always looking for a "hot blonde" and whining if shep got any female attention at all! :P

SciphonicStranger

LMAO - he was like that loooooong before he got to sgu. He was that way often especially in sg1- I didliked him the most then. (never watched hi ep on sgu) He got better in sga....but still was always looking for a "hot blonde" and whining if shep got any female attention at all! :P

Re: Sheppard and McKay. The final scene in the episode Harmony with the painting always makes me LMAO. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Re: Sheppard and McKay. The final scene in the epsisode Harmony with the painting always makes me LMAO. :)

me too! stupid ep, the child was as annoying as mckay but he became her "hero" :lol:

SciphonicStranger

SciphonicStranger

LMAO - he was like that loooooong before he got to sgu. He was that way often especially in sg1- I disliked him the most then. (never watched his ep on sgu) He got better in sga....but still was always looking for a "hot blonde" and whining if shep got any female attention at all! :P

I completely missed that the first time I read your post. :facepalm:

McKay actually did stare at someone's boobs in his SGU episode. :D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I completely missed that the first time I read your post. :facepalm:

McKay actually did stare at someone's boobs in his SGU episode. :D

yeah i heard Lt. James nearly popped him one for that! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Well...

View attachment 4609

Lt. James: "McKay, stop looking!" *arches back a bit more*
McKay: "Err emmm.." *staring*
Lt. James: "Stop staring at my chest!" *shakes chest from side to side and pouts*

LMAO you watched it eh? I know it got to the point of wanting to ask her "what do you expect"? but then supposedly mckay was a professional! :P this is what happens when you have men in the middle of a mid-life crisis write/produce a show! :P

Tropicana

Council Member
Actually I didn't see the ep, but read the scene-storyline.

Thank god there wasn't a water leak overhead, during the filming of the scene eh? lol