Marvel & DC Comics Films

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I actually really disliked the second Iron Man, something was off. But then again, the first one set the bar pretty high. Thor was pretty good. I liked the first half of Captain America where all he was all heart. Then he became babe magnet sort of which kinda turned me off, story was so-so. The atmosphere was good as you said, the Raiders vibe.

They have Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy all in the works for the next few years I think. Wonder how they're gonna sell Guardians considering there's a raccoon and tree as characters.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Regardless of all the other issues involved with making super hero movies the CGI costumes have to go! :facepalm:

green-lantern-ryan-reynolds-cgi-suit.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That's one of the nice things about Iron Man. The suits have been at most part CGI.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, CGI can be good if it's done right or the story is so good that people can overlook the GCI. I mean Sanctuary, while probably not a great show, was heavy on the CGI. But people were still able to look past it and just focus on the story.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I rewatched Iron Man 2, and I agree with mzzz about it being slightly "off". It is almost as if they made it just to set up the Avengers. I think that Hammer's army detracted from the uniqueness of Iron Man big time. Now that Star's technology has been re-created, I do not see him as cool anymore. I loved him in The Avengers though. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Really liked this episode when I first watched it way back, introduced me to Von Neumann probes. Such a clever concept to explore the universe.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan

"Greatest game ever." - Deadpool's mom, LOL

I really wanna see a deadpool movie, but with disney in charge, it'll probably never happen...sigh.