Manufactoria

S

Stonelesscutter

Roboplanes!

The objective is to remove all of the red dots from the string while keeping all of the blue dots.

This one can be finished with merely eight tiles.

Place a blue-red-branch(1).
At the blue exit of branch 1, place a green-writer and make it loops back to branch 1.
At the red exit of branch 1, place a conveyor looping back to branch 1.
At the grey exit of branch 1, place a green-yellow-branch(2).
At the green exit of branch 2, place a blue writer looping back to branch 2.
At the grey exit of branch 2, place conveyors leading to the field-exit.

S

Stonelesscutter

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Robomecha level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Soldiers!

With red dots representing a 0 and blue dots representing a 1, create an output string with a value equal to 8 times the value of the input string.

This level should be simple enough for people with knowledge of binary counting.
Those of you that don't know anything about binary counting should open the next spoiler.

1 in binary is 1, 8 in binary is 1000.
2 in binary is 10, 16 in binary is 10000.
3 in binary is 11, 24 in binary is 11000.

You should have noticed that in binary, multiplying by 8 is the same as adding three zeros to the string.
In this level 0 equals a red dot, therefore add three red dots at the back of the string.
Place a red-writer(1) leading to another red-writer(2) leading to another red-writer(3).
Place conveyors leading from red-writer 3 to the field-exit.

S

Stonelesscutter

Robotanks!

The objective is to accept robots that have a binary string value higher than 15. Red equals 0 and blue equals 1.

If the first dot is blue and the string is at least 5 dots long then the string value is higher than 15.

First place a blue-red-branch(1) to test if the first dot is blue or red.
At the blue exit of branch 1, place a conveyor leading to another blue-red-branch(2).
At the blue and red exits of branch 2, place conveyors leading to another blue-red-branch(3).
Make sure that the tile next to the grey exit of branch 2 remains empty.
At the blue and red exits of branch 3, place conveyors leading to another blue-red-branch(4).
Make sure that the tile next to the grey exit of branch 3 remains empty.
At the blue and red exits of branch 4, place conveyors leading to another blue-red-branch(5).
Make sure that the tile next to the grey exit of branch 4 remains empty.
At the blue and red exits of branch 5, place conveyors leading to the field-exit.
Make sure that the tile next to the grey exit of branch 5 remains empty.
At the red exit of branch 1, place a conveyor leading to another blue-red-branch(6).
At the red exit of branch 6, place conveyors leading back to branch 6.
At the blue exit of branch 6, place conveyors leading to branch 2.
Make sure the tile next to the grey exit of branch 6 remains empty.
Make sure the tile next to the grey exit of branch 1 remains empty.

S

Stonelesscutter

Robo-children!

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Robo-children level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Police!

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Police level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Teachers!

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Teachers level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Rocket planes!

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Rocket planes level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Officers!

This is where I'm going to put some stuff about the Officers level later. For now I'm moving on to another level.

S

Stonelesscutter

Robospies!

The objective is to accept robots of which the binary string is a natural power of 4. Blue is 1 and red is 0.

Natural powers of four always start with a one which is followed by any number of sets of two zeros.

Place a blue-red-branch(1) next to the field-entrance.
At the blue exit of branch 1, place another blue-red-branch(2).
At the red exit of branch 2, place another blue-red-branch(3) with it's red exit towards branch 2.
At the grey exit of branch 2, place conveyors leading to the field-exit.
Make sure the blue exit of branch 2 leads to an empty tile.
Make sure the grey exit of branch 1 leads to an empty tile.
Make sure the grey exit of branch 3 leads to an empty tile.
At the red exit of branch 1 place a conveyor leading back to branch 1.