Lou Diamond Philips needs a job

Leo(T.C.K.)

GateFans Noob
I don't know the details by memory anymore, afterall I am not the one who does that stuff. But in the end it is not a sour one (I can't give you the details of the "liquid" either, which makes a big difference) and also we use other ingredients like dill, carrots and onion and mustard seed, I believe carum too. Sometimes we add a bit chilli too to make it more spicy, but that is optional. But if you ask me how exactly it is boiled or how much time required, I can't provide you much of answers in that regard. But that stuff usually tastes better than most of other pickles i tasted. We don't have garden anymore, so we don't have them that much anymore, and it is rare when we have them and of course it takes time and energy to prepare it all.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I don't know the details by memory anymore, afterall I am not the one who does that stuff. But in the end it is not a sour one (I can't give you the details of the "liquid" either, which makes a big difference) and also we use other ingredients like dill, carrots and onion and mustard seed, I believe carum too. Sometimes we add a bit chilli too to make it more spicy, but that is optional. But if you ask me how exactly it is boiled or how much time required, I can't provide you much of answers in that regard. But that stuff usually tastes better than most of other pickles i tasted. We don't have garden anymore, so we don't have them that much anymore, and it is rare when we have them and of course it takes time and energy to prepare it all.

Sure it takes time and energy, but the best meals are the ones you make yourself :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They sort of went over the top with the drama in SGU period. Not just the one show. Watching the show makes me want to stab Razor Blades in my eyes, in an effort to cut out all the freaking QQ...boo hoo!

Like this?

s-510beautiful1.jpg

Mr. A

Super Moderator +

Actor and Former Navy Brat Lou Diamond Phillips to Host New Military Channel Franchise AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE
– Strand Launches Friday, April 1 with debut of “The Great Santini” – March 29, 2011

(Silver Spring, Md.) Military Channel has signed Hollywood film and television star Lou Diamond Phillips to host the new franchise AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE. Debuting every Friday evening beginning Friday, April 1, AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE pairs Phillips with retired and active duty officers who lived through major battles or have an expertise in the conflicts depicted in notable Hollywood films. As each film makes its Military Channel premiere, AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE provides expert commentary that can only come from being “on the ground” during the action as these officers reflect on the themes of that night’s film and also provide personal insight that puts each movie into a modern context.
“Lou Diamond Phillips is well known for his many feature films including the military movie Courage Under Fire and, as the son of a Navy officer, he is the perfect choice to interview some of the U.S. military’s most distinguished leaders,” said Henry Schleiff, president and general manager, Investigation Discovery and Military Channel. “The discussions within AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE bring an entirely new and even more realistic dimension to some of the greatest war movies of our time – from The Dirty Dozen to The Great Santini to Hart’s War – and provide valuable new information exclusively for our audience of military history buffs.”
“To have the opportunity to discuss the real-life events and strategies of the heroic efforts of service men and women from our nation’s history is something I will cherish,” said Lou Diamond Phillips. “In Military Channel’s AN OFFICER AND A MOVIE, I am honored to pick the brains of some of America’s heroes, who experienced first-hand the themes showcased in each week’s classic war film.”
In the premiere episode on Friday, April 1 at 8 PM ET, Lou Diamond Phillips and retired Marine Col. Arthur Athens discuss the themes behind the 1979 classic film The Great Santini, starring Robert Duvall, who was nominated for an Academy Award for this role. As the director of the U.S. Naval Academy’s Vice Admiral James B. Stockdale Center for Ethical Leadership, the former Commandant of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Athens is uniquely able to comment on what it means to be a leader in the military and within a family’s home, where in his own life he has ten children.

Good for him! :)