Living In A Simulation

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Yo Elon...just erase that number off your phone and throw away whatever shit you are using behind that locked bathroom door. :) Implying that we are all living in a simulation also implies that there is "someone/something" controlling and maintaining this simulation. Who/what would be doing that? Why? Interesting concept though.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I think he needs meds, good ones! :P

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Weird concept indeed ... It's not just him jumping on that bandwagon tho ... He does state 1 in 1 billion chance we're in a sim so I cut him a little bit of slack . Tyson on the other hand is a complete whacko and flip flopper ...
This topic feels a lot like a flat earther theme lol ... Huge grain of salt being taken here and a bit of a chuckle ... Well , big chuckle actually ,,,
;)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Philosophically and theorettically possible, but common sense says "no".

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I believe he's right. I share his vision. I have woken up from the matrix. How do I know this? Well I have experienced this myself.

It seems that the grand designer doesn't like us doing good things. It wants us to see what evil someone has but some of us aren't born of any evil. I still think there is a thing such as absolute evil and absolute good.

It's a science experiment. We humans do the same thing. We don't feel what a lab rat feels and someone with absolute power will corrupt absolutely. He and I always say, he because men are corrupt. Well, not all men but most men, just enough to screw things up, will do these crazy experiments on you to see how far you can take it. Hell has it if I cave into slavery. I rather die. The only way to defeat absolute power is two ways. It's to pretend that it doesn't exist and stay one step ahead of what he is going to do next but most people who cave into slavery don't realize that there is a trap door at the end that they won't be able to escape ever.

Lol!

I'm all for extraordinary lines of thought and all that, but in the end, it's always good to have an anchor. That way you realize that your thoughts are just your thoughts and what you were thinking is highly likely way off base. Keep yourself grounded. There is no matrix, as intriguing as that thought might be. I know you've heard of Occam's razor.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Lol!

I'm all for extraordinary lines of thought and all that, but in the end, it's always good to have an anchor. That way you realize that your thoughts are just your thoughts and what you were thinking is highly likely way off base. Keep yourself grounded. There is no matrix, as intriguing as that thought might be. I know you've heard of Occam's razor.

Exactly. There is nobody intelligent enough to design a simulation like BILLIONS of individual lives, plus the technology is nowhere in sight, and will likely never be developed. There is no reason to trap the population in a simulation when there is work in the real world to be done like harvesting food, creating energy, managing wastes and defending territories. What role would a homeless person serve in a simulation? How about the disabled? Why would a simulation allow drug addiction? But this is a non-discussion. There is no matrix, nobody is going to be put into a simulation, things are not coming to an end and robots are never going to take over. I am getting tired of these threads.

Last edited: