List of the 100 BEST science fiction movies of all time

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
Twelve Monkeys at 83 and Total Recall at 20? Are they serious? Monkeys should be way higher and Total Recall shouldn't be there at all!

Good to see The Undiscovered Country, though. It's often overlooked and it's my fave after Wrath of Khan.
Yeah, I'm surprised that Total Recall is that high. While I thought it was a great Verhoven action flick like Robocop, it didnt strike me as a great scifi movie. But hey, the chick with three tits probably shot them up a few spots

I love Gilliam's movies, ever since I saw 12 monkeys as a kid. Its the only VHS tape I held onto, even though I no longer have a VCR. I would have put Monkeys a lot higher myself :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Total Recall had a good concept plot and was generally well written. They really never make it clear if any of the film really happened or if Arnold is losing his mind in his Recall Ego Trip.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Hmmm... I agree with most of teh stuff on this list. Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies of all time so I think it's well deserving of it's first place. There are of course a few movies I feel should be higher on the list. Moon is one for example. It's a great piece of sci fi or just cinema in general, and well deserving of a higher spot on that list. Same goes for Twelve Monkeys.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Anybody watched any of these movies recently?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well...fairly? (within the last month?)

Umm, probably Star wars ep 4, Wall-E and KAAAHHHHHNNNN.
I recently got the DC for blade runner, but haven't opened it yet (been distracted by watching B5 (now that I will have all 5 seasons soon))

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I went REALLY classic

Umm, probably Star wars ep 4, Wall-E and KAAAHHHHHNNNN.
I recently got the DC for blade runner, but haven't opened it yet (been distracted by watching B5 (now that I will have all 5 seasons soon))

I just watched Colossus: The Forbin Project

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064177/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjebwUrhvc&feature=related

This movie was made when there were no PCs, no wireless or cellphones, not even microwave ovens. Its a MOST interesting take on machines beating mankind at its own game. You should try to watch it if you can. A true classic. :)