Objects may be closer than they appear
RIP, Juan Epstein. :(

robert-hegyes-then2.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well up your nose with a rubber hose indeed! I'm getting old. :(

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I grew up in the 80's watching reruns of the sweat hogs. RIP Juan Epstein.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I grew up in the 60's and 70's, so I got to see a lot of that stuff brand new on the screen.

Scary to think that Travolta came to public notice there. Sadly, the mental (in)capacity of his character on that show has colored my perception of him ever since.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I grew up in the 60's and 70's, so I got to see a lot of that stuff brand new on the screen.

Scary to think that Travolta came to public notice there. Sadly, the mental (in)capacity of his character on that show has colored my perception of him ever since.

That and Urban Cowboy set him back for a long time. Thank God he got that role in Pulp Fiction. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I grew up in the 80's watching reruns of the sweat hogs. RIP Juan Epstein.

Yes, yes, we all know you're younger and more beautiful than the rest of us. :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I always loved the letter from Epstein's mother or mother's doctor....very funny schtick. I also loved his name...Juan Epstein....a jewish puerto rican is how they framed the character, it seemed he got two laughs for every one joke.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I always loved the letter from Epstein's mother or mother's doctor....very funny schtick. I also loved his name...Juan Epstein....a jewish puerto rican is how they framed the character, it seemed he got two laughs for every one joke.
And, sadly, John Revolting was the only actor from that show who ended up with anything resembling a career in show business.

Even Gabe Kaplan kind of crashed and burned. I know he's not got the best reputation in the business now. I guess he started thinking he was hot schist or something -- kinda like what's happened to Val Kilmer's reputation (he's fairly well hated in Hollyweird now).

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
And, sadly, John Revolting was the only actor from that show who ended up with anything resembling a career in show business.

Even Gabe Kaplan kind of crashed and burned. I know he's not got the best reputation in the business now. I guess he started thinking he was hot schist or something -- kinda like what's happened to Val Kilmer's reputation (he's fairly well hated in Hollyweird now).

What did Val Kilmer do?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Lawrence Hilton Jacobs did a CHILLING turn as Joe Jackson in a jackson five (I think it was the jacksons an american dream) tv movie...he has also remained a staple on episodic tv. But as joe jackson...damn he scared me !:(