John Barrowman: Why you'll be happy to pay $$$ to watch Torchwood

heisenberg

Earl Grey
This is part one of a two-part interview with John Barrowman. Part two will run tomorrow. John Barrowman thinks you should prepare yourself for a bumpy Torchwood ride. When Torchwood: Miracle Day premieres Friday on Starz, he promises if you watch you'll join his character, Captain Jack Harkness, on a shocking, jaw-dropping roller-coaster ride of non-death and destruction.
"As excited as you were about what happened in Children of Earth, you're going to be even more bowled over. ... There are times within Miracle Day when you're going to have to have your jaw picked up off the ground with a forklift truck, you're going to be so surprised. This is even bigger and even better and more shocking, in a way, than Children of Earth," said Barrowman in an exclusive interview.
Torchwood: Children of Earth was the third, short, five-episode season that aired over five days on BBC and BBC America. It's been two years since that stunning, gut-wrenching season, in which Captain Jack sacrificed his own grandson to save the Earth's children, and where his lover, Ianto Jones, died a heartbreaking death. Now, with season four, Torchwood: Miracle Day, we'll get 10 episodes aired weekly on the pay cable channel Starz. And yes, if you don't already have Starz and you want to watch the new season of Torchwood, you'll have to pay up

http://blastr.com/2011/07/john-barrowman-on-why-you.php

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have Starz but am unlikely to watch.

Torchwood to me is WAY too dark and moody, and also it utterly distorted and ruined a really good supporting Doctor Who character in Jack. The Jack in Who is not the Jack in Torchwood.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Is this a series I should start watching?

You'll have to ask yourself what you like in your sci-fi. If you like it really dark and moody with somewhat hard to like characters then Torchwood may be for you.

S

Stonelesscutter

You'll have to ask yourself what you like in your sci-fi. If you like it really dark and moody with somewhat hard to like characters then Torchwood may be for you.

I don't have any particular preferences that I'm aware of.
But when people are positive about a show I haven't seen before I start getting interested.