Jeri Ryan Interview

heisenberg

Earl Grey

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I bet he was after Paris.
I saw Robert Duncan McNeil at Warner Bros a few years ago (I had an appointment there), and sadly time has not been good to him.

He's gotten that thick-bodied look some older guys get.

It helps, I suppose that he's been doing Chuck as the Executive Producer (though that show is perpetually in danger of cancellation, it seems) for all these years now. He doesn't have to worry about getting in front of the camera unless he really really wants to.

S

Stonelesscutter

I saw Robert Duncan McNeil at Warner Bros a few years ago (I had an appointment there), and sadly time has not been good to him.

It helps, I suppose that he's been doing Chuck as the Executive Producer (though that show is perpetually in danger of cancellation, it seems) for all these years now. He doesn't have to worry about getting in front of the camera unless he really really wants to.

So he was kinda like RDA in the first SGU episode? :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
So he was kinda like RDA in the first SGU episode? :)
Pretty much. He was a very sweet guy, though.

I saw him while he was at lunch and I was at another table, waiting on someone from WB, but I waited until after he was done eating before I spoke with him. (I wanted to let him know I had enjoyed watching him work on Voyager and that I was glad that he was still involved in stuff, entertainment-wise, but felt I would have been a real jerk if I had interrupted his lunch to do that.)

He very quickly asked me to call him "Robbie" (I called him "Mr McNeil" when I introduced myself, as I don't presume a casual relationship when I meet people) and was very gracious to someone who could have just been some squeeing freak.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

IMHO that's because he was older than he played on Voyager-- he was born in 1964 and was playing a twenty-something in his thirties. :) I first saw him in '86 on All My Children with Lauren (pre-enchancement) Holly(She was born in '63) where they played star-crossed teen lovers, although both were in their 20's. [rant] this is what makes me nutso about hollywood and teen girls-- shows like 90210 etc have young adults (and sometimes not so young) playing teenagers. rare is the real teen (I can only think of miley cyrus currently) who is portraying a teen- so these young girls get the idea they should have the bodies and confidence of an adult when they are still developing- and people wonder why anorexia and teen plastic surgery is on the rise! :rolleyes [/rant]