Isolated Populations

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
good call, I always found it funny that the populations were so diverse...even when they weren't supposed to be! In Emancipation --- everyone and I mean EVERYONE looks oriental EXCEPT the one leader's daughter the kid wants...she's caucasian...heck both of her parents are oriental!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I think it was briefly mentioned that one group had slightly different brain chemistry- it was in that episode where SG-1 ends up working to keep a civilization going through an ice age after having their memories altered.

Also wasn't Jonas Quinn amongst an elite of the people of his world with a slightly more evolved "ancient" genome than many other human populations in the MW hence his awesome memory & ability as a quick study?

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Also wasn't Jonas Quinn amongst an elite of the people of his world with a slightly more evolved "ancient" genome than many other human populations in the MW hence his awesome memory & ability as a quick study?

I thought there was something like for him. didnt Nerdie try and mess with his dna for that reason in an sg1 ep where she had been playing with the peoples dna?

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

I thought there was something like for him. didnt Nerdie try and mess with his dna for that reason in an sg1 ep where she had been playing with the peoples dna?

Yeah that's right - & that's why Jonas was so important, because he was like the missing link or something (& there was us thinking it was O'Neill with to L's).