Information from Joe Flanigan

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
Yeah I figured as much.

I guess MGM wants to hold on to Stargate to make itself seem more appealing for potential buyers.

The potential of direct-to-dvd Stargate movies should serve as a positive for any firm thinking about buying MGM. Stargate is, despite TPTB being burnt out, a maturing franchise that still has life in it, despite the SG-PU anomaly.

It's probably a good thing, perhaps not for our dear Joe F, but for the rest of Stargate fandom. Maybe the firm that buys MGM and/or eventually Stargate will throw more money at the film.

By then hopefully the writting team will be fresh and the movie(s) will be better than if Ol' Mozz and the gang where at the helm.

Omnipotent

GateFans Noob
MGM is a bunch of greedy sons o bitches!
seriously i really want the rights in someone elses hands. far FAR away from BW and JM

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I guess it can't get worse, we'd have to hope that if whoever buys MGM would fund the movie.:beckettu:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They are de-valuing the franchise with SGU

MGM is a bunch of greedy sons o bitches!
seriously i really want the rights in someone elses hands. far FAR away from BW and JM

The franchise is being hurt image-wise by SGU. When people see Stargate for the first time on a Tuesday, they are going to be seeing SGU which is a badly written soap opera in space.. They might avoid investigating into Atlantis or SG-1 because they think it will be like SGU. But I think the fanbase that has rejected SGU is still waiting patiently for Stargate to come back. I know I am. I am not at odds with Stargate (the franchise), Im only at odds with Stargate Universe which (to me) is not in the canon and does not count as Stargate.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Could it be possible that MGM are simply holding onto these franchises for collateral? They haven't sold off the James Bond franchise yet have they?

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I guess it can't get worse, we'd have to hope that if whoever buys MGM would fund the movie.:beckettu:
I see the news rather as confirmation that the problem doesn't lie with funding. Even Syfy could fund SG1 and SGA movies many times over with the budget they invest in their B-movies. It seems MGM is holding on to the rights and won't let anybody else - besides RW & RCC, who have no interest - produce the movies either. Sort of like the brat that won't let anybody play because he can't... :roll:

Could it be possible that MGM are simply holding onto these franchises for collateral? They haven't sold off the James Bond franchise yet have they?
I was wondering about that too. Maybe MGM believes they will sell for a much higher price if the James Bond franchise is included in the package. Perhaps Hobbits as well.

Nani

GateFans Noob

alien0

GateFans Noob
1. get rid of the idiots at the helm

2. keep maybe some of the directors who know to bring fun to the set.. (deluise..etc)

3. get rid of characterchanges / the retarded piece of canon that was established by sgu.

Hyndara

GateFans Noob

2. keep maybe some of the directors who know to bring fun to the set.. (deluise..etc)

3. get rid of characterchanges / the retarded piece of canon that was established by sgu.

4. Burn the script Mallozzi has written (IF this script is really written) and write a new one.

B

bumble

4. Burn the script Mallozzi has written (IF this script is really written) and write a new one.

Yes please!

And please make it about the TEAM. I don't have a problem with McKay in context, but do not want to see Stargate: McKeller. :shephelp:

Will

GateFans Noob
JF is just awesome. It's pretty easy to read between the line on this one :) The only question is, which of BW & JM is "vanity" and which one is "ego"? :)

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/b...-angeles-con-news-and-gallery/comment-page-1/
You can read the first comment. It's a disgusting comment about Joe Flanigan
written by Jenks
about 1 day ago

I’ve lost a lot of respect for Joe Flanigan since the cancellation. While his cast mates have acted professionally, he’s basically just thrown his toys out of the pram and whined about what’s gone on. And it’s not just that, with these comments he’s sabotaging the chances of the movie by creating bad blood like this. Makes me wonder if he wants to make it at all, perhaps he’s rather just milk the convention circuit and rile up the fans instead…

I answered him
LOL I don’t really understand Jenks. Joe Flanigan always speaks his mind and speaks the truth. He has always showed his interest for the franchise for SGA for the SGA cast. He has always been involved in SGA bringing some ideas looking for some fund to produce the SGA movie speaking to MGM executives to show them SGA is still out there DVDs market is still good for SGA. And by now telling he wants to contact new execs of Spyglass entertainment to bring one chance to save the franchise with new team clearing egos and vanity.
Here I only see a man involved in a franchise to keep it alive.
You must be aware JoeM did so many damages against the franchise than Joe Flanigan. You must be aware JoeM treated so badly his lead actor for the last past years acting unprofessionally when Joe Flanigan has always acted as a great professional. You must be aware SGA cast was badly treated by TPTB. You must be aware TPTB didn’t respect the contract signed.
JoeM is more interested in his ego when Joe Flanigan is only interested in SG and its quality.