Infinifactory

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
If you're into solving logical puzzles, Infinifactory just might be a game for you. I find it an awesome game. It revolves around receiving certain types of blocks which you then have to transport, combine and process in order to create a specific end result which you must also transport to a specific point. Basically you sort of have to create a manufacturing line in a factory, hence the name. In order to do so you have certain other types of blocks at your disposal which you have to position carefully to achieve your objective. Don't be fooled into thinking this is easy. There are many pitfalls which you can encounter along the way which can cause things to go not quite according to plan making you have to revise your strategy. The game is both extremely frustrating and satisfying, but most of all it's fun. Well, if you like this sort of thing of course.

There are various ways in which your solutions will be scored. One counts the amount of cycles which are required in order for your solution to deliver 10 end products to the drop-off-point. Another measures the footprint for your solution. And a third measures the amount of blocks you have used, which does not include the blank (non functional) blocks. You will get to see how other players have faired, at least I think that's what it is, so you can compare your results to others' best results. You can't really have it all at once, so you can decide to go for the least amount of blocks or the smallest footprint or the least amount of cycles, but it's pretty much impossible to score the best on all counts at the same time.

There's a built-in feature in the game which allows recording of animated GIFs of your solutions. I hope this website can handle them, as I wanted to show you some to give you an idea.

2018-10-06-23-15-51.gif

2018-10-06-23-28-23.gif

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If you're into solving logical puzzles, Infinifactory just might be a game for you. I find it an awesome game. It revolves around receiving certain types of blocks which you then have to transport, combine and process in order to create a specific end result which you must also transport to a specific point. Basically you sort of have to create a manufacturing line in a factory, hence the name. In order to do so you have certain other types of blocks at your disposal which you have to position carefully to achieve your objective. Don't be fooled into thinking this is easy. There are many pitfalls which you can encounter along the way which can cause things to go not quite according to plan making you have to revise your strategy. The game is both extremely frustrating and satisfying, but most of all it's fun. Well, if you like this sort of thing of course.

There are various ways in which your solutions will be scored. One counts the amount of cycles which are required in order for your solution to deliver 10 end products to the drop-off-point. Another measures the footprint for your solution. And a third measures the amount of blocks you have used, which does not include the blank (non functional) blocks. You will get to see how other players have faired, at least I think that's what it is, so you can compare your results to others' best results. You can't really have it all at once, so you can decide to go for the least amount of blocks or the smallest footprint or the least amount of cycles, but it's pretty much impossible to score the best on all counts at the same time.

There's a built-in feature in the game which allows recording of animated GIFs of your solutions. I hope this website can handle them, as I wanted to show you some to give you an idea.

View attachment 34754

View attachment 34755

AWESOME! What a cool game! I am so getting this.