House of Cards

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Not sure if there is a House of Cards thread here but man is this show well written and with just watching season 2 episode 1 ,,, holycrap . Wicked show . Addicted :-)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Haven't watched season 2 yet. Just finished binge-watching season 1.

I love Kevin Spacey. He's a fantastic actor. I fell in love with him years ago when he played Mel Proffitt on WiseGuy.

Only the toes knows...

(Believe it or not, he got his start as a stand-up comedian.)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
WHAT !!! A stand up comedian !!! ... holy crap again !!! He just scares the crap out of me in this show

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Not sure if there is a House of Cards thread here but man is this show well written and with just watching season 2 episode 1 ,,, holycrap . Wicked show . Addicted :-)

My wife and I love this show! We just finished watching S2 and there are a couple episodes that are just bizarre. No spoilers but they'll probably hit you square in the face when you see them.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
My wife and I love this show! We just finished watching S2 and there are a couple episodes that are just bizarre. No spoilers but they'll probably hit you square in the face when you see them.

Well the first ep of 2 just freaked me out already ,,,holy poop ,,, what an opener ,,, That wife of his is a tough act to follow . What a perfect couple . Just don't ever get involved with either one lol !!!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well the first ep of 2 just freaked me out already ,,,holy poop ,,, what an opener ,,, That wife of his is a tough act to follow . What a perfect couple . Just don't ever get involved with either one lol !!!
Hard to believe that's the beautiful Princess Buttercup, isn't it?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

The next one is more cringe worthy. In the minutes leading up to the cringe, you'll be thinking to yourself, "No. Wait. Are they ... naw they're not. Looks like they may. Are they really? What's ... oh COME ON!!" :icon_lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Just put this show on my que. Hopefully I can catch up soon! (Loved the British version!)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
This show is such a delicious guilty pleasure. Frank is NOT a good guy, but you want the guy to win. You say horrible things about the people on the screen who might uncover his sneakiness, and hope they only find failure.

I blame Spacey.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Haven't watched season 2 yet. Just finished binge-watching season 1.

I love Kevin Spacey. He's a fantastic actor. I fell in love with him years ago when he played Mel Proffitt on WiseGuy.

Only the toes knows...

(Believe it or not, he got his start as a stand-up comedian.)

for me it was MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL. In House of CARDS I keep waiting for him to say "Canape?" as a food treat just after he gets done lambasting the guy
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119668/

Just finished s1 and 2 today

The Underwoods are defin. a freaky couple..in the end I hope they turn against one another--got to wait another year though

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I liked the first few episodes of season 1, but it kinda deteriorated fast with the reporter thing rest of the season, at least to me. Season 2 started off strong, especially the end of the very first episode. Then I just started hating his opponents. He seems to be the only competent shark in the political arena. I don't see how no one else is able to withstand this guy. It's like a game of chicken in cars, but his adversaries always turn even if they could take him. His opposition seemed to have the competency of Walking Dead's main characters. Ridiculous plot armour.

Also, the whole side stories/plots really sucked ass, even if some of em are setting up stuff later on. They were terrible, especially Doug being a dick for no reason, mommy issues, like how some chicks have daddy issues. New Whip is just annoying. The side stories really dragged the rest of it down; they could have been written better. Eh, guessing next season is going to be his downfall maybe.