Hilarious video on Gul Dukat!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
View: https://youtu.be/7gwjsIwTNSA

This thing was a hoot and the funniest part was realizing it was accurate!
What I was seeing is the formation of the first recurring "villains" on Star Trek. Between him and Kai Winn, they represent the introduction of individual "villains" instead of antagonistic species and for me, that was a negative change. Star Trek did not need villains and still does not need them. Let's elevate the conflicts back to a macro level between cultures and species, not "evil villains" leave that to Star Wars,

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Agreed. The video is very funny however in how it points up that Dukat could never win given his real goals (the ones indicated by his actions):

a) Be Famous
b) Be genuinely liked and admired by his enemies
c) Sleep with Bajoran women - especially Kira

Now individual villains in Trek go back to TOS. But as you noted they were not recurring constants - not even Khan.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Watch the video - it is hilarious how the speaker shows through Dukat's actions how ridiculous a villain he really is and that he could never win.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Gul Dukat was a patsy for the Galactic Military Industrial complex.. he was never meant to win, just a pawn in the Federations bid to oversee the Klingon Empire :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
?????

Dukat is Cardassian not Klingon.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
wait a minute-- have you been drinking the same anti sarcasm juice as OM? :)
Just overtired.

I got a good laugh out of the video pointing out what Dukat's real motivations were and how he is the villain who gives you a 20 minute lecture on why he is not the bad guy.