HALT AND CATCH FIRE- thoughts?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I just binged all 4 seasons of this, and while I successfully did not get left behind by the tech jargon in S1, equally, all of that talk did not distract from the main story of relationships and people coming together to make new ideas turn into new devices.

Also, a great story on just business and the nature of our culture in the 80's and early 90's.

I found the characters to be well done and well used in accompanying an excellent story

When it came to the funding portions-- like the venture capital interviews and the drive by some ppl to make a product or digital product ONLY to drive up the value to sell it... I am not a fan of that kind of thing in our society... I blame the uber capitalism of the 80's and all that 'dot com' business of the 90's to be partially at fault for some of the bad aspects of our current culture

However, that too, was told very well

thoughts?

DrWho42

GateFans Member
i love halt and catch fire. it's one of my favourites

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have not seen this.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i love halt and catch fire. it's one of my favourites
to me (remember i am a tech cave man) the 1st season had a lot of techie jargon in it, but even with that, it still had a story that was very enjoying to watch

and the whole 'snapshot' of the 80's with the tech scene, business and just the whole "reaganomics" attitude people and companies had