Fort McMurry On Fire

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Fort McMurry? Oh, for a moment I thought you said Fred MacMurry was on fire, ya know, the dad from My Three Sons. But why would he be on fire, after all, didn't he die in a Mexican whore house back in 1991 when he took a hoof to the head during a private donkey show? Or was he the one that choked on a ping pong ball during a different kind of show in a Thai bordello? It's hard to keep all the Hollywood biographies straight.

roflbot (12).jpg

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Post from my triple forum . One of the guys from our group lost everything ...

Just off the phone with Ari. He's literally one of the last people in Ft. Mac by the sounds of things. He's currently in a small convoy of vehicles that turned around, again, after a second attempt to flee south out of what's left of the town. They can't seem to get past the landfill, which is on fire, and the 70 km/h gusts are obliterating all visibility with dense black smoke. He says he's been driving with flames on both sides of the road. He likened it to the zombie apocalypse with abandoned vehicles everywhere and entire neighbourhoods burned to the ground. 80,000 people evacuated almost at once so there's no gas to be had - nothing open anyway - and he's concerned about whether he'll be able to get any more. Kind of ironic; who'da thunk Fort Mac would run out of fuel?

He'd just gotten himself a place to stay and had been there for only a few days - the place has gone up in smoke. The last he saw of his trailer full of stuff and his motorhome was when the fire was approaching from one direction and he was headed in the other, to try and escape town. He has no idea whether it survived. The good news is that all the personal belongings he took to Regina when he moved there last year remain there.

All that being said, 'ol Ari sounds in reasonably good spirits and seems to be taking things in stride (if that's possible).

Cell reception was getting flaky so we signed off. I said I'd try and check in with him again later. I'm sure he'd be thrilled if a few of you boys gave him a call with some moral support (587-723-1733).

Giv'r $hit Ari, we're rooting for you. See you once you get out of that hell-hole.

N.

Read more: http://triplescanada.proboards.com/thread/11223/fort-mcmurry#ixzz484kqwqDH

Bluce Ree

Hey, look! Canada's got their own opportunistic gouging sons of bitches!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-...ing-during-fort-mcmurray-evacuation-1.2891081

WestJet not only provided free flights in and out of Ft McMurray but they are also flying in relief supplies.

Air Canada, on the other hand, tripled ticket prices in and out during the crisis. Yeah, sure, blame it on the auto-gouging software. Why the f*ck would they have auto-gouge software in the first place?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/air-...ing-during-fort-mcmurray-evacuation-1.2891081

WestJet not only provided free flights in and out of Ft McMurray but they are also flying in relief supplies.

Air Canada, on the other hand, tripled ticket prices in and out during the crisis. Yeah, sure, blame it on the auto-gouging software. Why the f*ck would they have auto-gouge software in the first place?
I blame Tripler, he magnifies everything......................
:D :D :D

(Oh, and trip, that number won't work for us out of town/country/hemisphere)

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
That's because I am Magnificent !!!

Haha . I did not even notice the number lol ...
I spoke with Ari on Saturday . He is safe and sound in Edmonton . He had a tough go getting out though . Flames were 300' high . He said it was freeking hot as hell . No surprise there . Lost his trailer full of beautiful vintage bikes . Luckily he had moved his personal belongings to Edmonton last year ...
;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan

Fricken Dirt Bags Extreme ... OMG Air Canada you greedy low life lilly sucking snake biting dirt eatin poopheads ...
I think a lot of people will be switching to West Jet from now on .

;) ;) ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Fricken Dirt Bags Extreme ... OMG Air Canada you greedy low life lilly sucking snake biting dirt eatin poopheads ...
I think a lot of people will be switching to West Jet from now on .

;) ;) ;)

Things like this are enough to get me to swear off anything connected with (FILL IN SCUMBAG COMPANY HERE__________________). I will not give any more money to Samsung after having gotten their premium phones, and ordering their monitors for clients by the dozen. All because they screwed me over when I rooted my Galaxy S4. I have not eaten KFC in more than 8 years because I overheard a worker there saying something racially disparaging about a customer.

Price gouging connected with a disaster is just unforgivable.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

"Auto-gouging software"??? That is just pure evil.

Bluce Ree

Things like this are enough to get me to swear off anything connected with (FILL IN SCUMBAG COMPANY HERE__________________). I will not give any more money to Samsung after having gotten their premium phones, and ordering their monitors for clients by the dozen. All because they screwed me over when I rooted my Galaxy S4. I have not eaten KFC in more than 8 years because I overheard a worker there saying something racially disparaging about a customer.

Price gouging connected with a disaster is just unforgivable.

I won't buy Samsung phones because they suck and are significantly flawed.

I won't eat at KFC because it's really just fried shit in batter. :icon_lol: