Falling Skies- Trailer Of A New Series Coming To TNT from Spielberg

Thanks for the heads-up. I've never heard about this series before and will definitely be checking it out. Glad to see an alien that doesn't have the standard two-leg humanoid format. I like when scifi writers use a little imagination once in a while...

But Noah Wiley as the hero? I don't know. Can't get the image of the Librarian out of my head. Here's hoping that I'm pleasantly surprised when this premieres.

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
There is a web comic on the TNT site. I read the first four chpts yesterday but then it stopped working.

I think it has a more post-apocalyptic feel than V does - basically the aliens come and blow up all the big cities right away and so then the small number of human survivors have to fight back. Also the aliens don't speak English :) The comic reminded me a little bit of War of the Worlds.

I'll definitely check it out - should have a lot of action and hopefully the drama will be good drama, not cheesy melodrama.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
There is a web comic on the TNT site. I read the first four chpts yesterday but then it stopped working.

I think it has a more post-apocalyptic feel than V does - basically the aliens come and blow up all the big cities right away and so then the small number of human survivors have to fight back. Also the aliens don't speak English :) The comic reminded me a little bit of War of the Worlds.

I'll definitely check it out - should have a lot of action and hopefully the drama will be good drama, not cheesy melodrama.

Saw an extended trailer during the closer tonight-- Hubby and I are in! that show looks action adventure and "real" aliens- reminded us of Independence Day & war of the worlds! woohoo see good scifi doesn't ahve to be on sciffy! :P:P

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm not sure if I'll be watching or not. But it's still half a year away anyway.
One thing has me concerned though.
The trailer ends with "we know drama".

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Seems derivative to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39eegoYnH9s

Reminds me too much of the old V, mixed in with Skyline and a bit of Independence Day (which was a rip of the original V anyways). Spielberg doesnt REALLY do science fiction that well, But he can tell a hell of a story with film.