Dr. Jay Felger (played by Patrick McKenna)

S

Stonelesscutter

Dr. Felger wasn't in many episodes but when he was in one he had considerable screentime. Patrick McKenna played this character very well delivering plenty of funny moments with his behaviour and the interaction with other castmembers.

The chemistry was particularly great with his colleague dr. Simon Coombs (John Billingsly) in the episode "The Other Guys", where the two scientists take it upon themselves to "rescue" SG-1 from a Goa'uld mothership.

In the episode "Avenger 2.0" dr. Felger manages to disable (unintendedly) the entire stargate network with his computervirus. He named it Avenger after a character from a comic book he used to read that was superstrong and superfast but not as fast as The Flash though because that would be ridiculous.

S

Stonelesscutter

Dr. Felger and dr. Coombs in "The Other Guys"

[ytp]PL891E2F422729658A&feature=plcp[/ytp]

S

Stonelesscutter

Dr. Felger in "Avenger 2.0"

[YTP]PLCA4198C0406A7B01&feature=plcp[/YTP]

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Dr. Felger wasn't in many episodes but when he was in one he had considerable screentime. Patrick McKenna played this character very well delivering plenty of funny moments with his behaviour and the interaction with other castmembers.

The chemistry was particularly great with his colleague dr. Simon Coombs (John Billingsly) in the episode "The Other Guys", where the two scientists take it upon themselves to "rescue" SG-1 from a Goa'uld mothership.

In the episode "Avenger 2.0" dr. Felger manages to disable (unintendedly) the entire stargate network with his computervirus. He named it Avenger after a character from a comic book he used to read that was superstrong and superfast but not as fast as The Flash though because that would be ridiculous.
"The Other Guys" is one of my all-time favorite Stargate episodes...

I will never forget "You ended that sentence in a prepositoin! You BASTARD!" from Jack (to a jaffa warrior who had captured him)

And the Trek pokes and prods were priceless, as Felger's partner in that episode was none other than John Billingsley, who was playing Dr Phlox on Enterprise at the time. I believe the man was accused of "worshipping at the altar of Roddenbury" and there was a Kingon Bat-leth hanging on the wall behind the episode's bad guy. ROTFLMAO!

S

Stonelesscutter

I will never forget "You ended that sentence in a prepositoin! You BASTARD!" from Jack (to a jaffa warrior who had captured him)

And the Trek pokes and prods were priceless, as Felger's partner in that episode was none other than John Billingsley, who was playing Dr Phlox on Enterprise at the time. I believe the man was accused of "worshipping at the altar of Roddenbury" and there was a Kingon Bat-leth hanging on the wall behind the episode's bad guy. ROTFLMAO!

Indeed that was a great ep. Here's a video of the Star Trek related banter in the episode, which is ofcourse also part of the playlist above.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
felger fanclub pres. here

also one of my favorite eps! I loved Felger...he was hilariously similar to one of the grad students hubby shared office space with in grad school! :P I also loved Avenger 2.0 and really wish had seen more of Felger and Coombs on sg1. They would have been great dealing with McKay's arrogance in sga as well. ;)

G

Graybrew1

I really must start a rewatch of SG1 next. I don't remember half of these awesome character actors. :redface: