Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge is evidently a FLOP.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was waiting to post this until some friends of mine actually visited the park and Galaxy's Edge to verify what I have been reading so many places. That Galaxy's Edge is a relative flop, with much fewer anticipated guests than Bob Iger and Disney expected. They have spent between 1 and 1.5 BILLION to build Galaxy's Edge. It was predicted way back in February that the expansion might fail:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201902/6593/

Evidently, people are not happy with the prices, the products, or the execution of Galaxy's Edge. The main reason appears to be the centering of this unknown land of Batuu around the sequel trilogy. There are only sequel trilogy stormtroopers, Kylo Ren, Rey, and some other unknown characters wandering around. The prices for drinks and food are so high that people are actually frowning and speaking outloud about them right in front of the associates. The waiting times which were supposed to be hours long were more like 15 to 30 minutes for Smuggler's Run.

Here are some videos on the topic coming from YouTube:

My friends told me that it wasn't just Galaxy's Edge that was half empty, it was the whole park.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More coming in from visitors about Galaxy's Edge. Such a shame, they could have made it so much better! They still can fix it.