Deleted Syfy forum thread about Brad Wright/SciFiNow article

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Not surprised the thread was deleted!

Awww shucks fellas:icon_redface:...glad you liked my post! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Loved it!

Awww shucks fellas:icon_redface:...glad you liked my post! ;)

Im glad it got preserved here for posterity! There is so much of Gateworld preserved here that is completely gone from there. Its sorta like that episode Revisions in SG-1 where the people who were disappeared were wiped from the collective memory. Only the SG-1 team knew what was happening. :)

Yllek

GateFans Noob
Apart from ViperPilot's #15 comment (we HUUUUUURT Brian's mommy!), the thread seems pretty much ok. No reason to delete it imo.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Apart from ViperPilot's #15 comment (we HUUUUUURT Brian's mommy!), the thread seems pretty much ok. No reason to delete it imo.

I asked Squall/Brian about it.

By Gatefan1976:

In the last 36 odd hours I've seen whole threads disappear, get butchered, return (or not) and all kinds of crazy stuff.
Is it worth commenting on anything SGU related at all anymore??
Have things been said that are "just that bad" to warrent such overt action, have sites recieved "marching orders" from "on High?"
I'm confused.

From Squall/Brian:

Hi,

I decided to take it down. Just because some producers of a show are a PR nightmare there is no more reason to dwell on it. I cannot agree with Mr. Wright's actions and maybe things are worse than we think, who knows. Sorry, but have been getting a lot of heat for keeping it up this long.

Best,

Squall28

SerenityS

GateFans Member

By Gatefan1976:

In the last 36 odd hours I've seen whole threads disappear, get butchered, return (or not) and all kinds of crazy stuff.
Have things been said that are "just that bad" to warrent such overt action, have sites recieved "marching orders" from "on High?"
I'm confused.

From Squall/Brian:

Hi,

I decided to take it down. Just because some producers of a show are a PR nightmare there is no more reason to dwell on it. I cannot agree with Mr. Wright's actions and maybe things are worse than we think, who knows. Sorry, but have been getting a lot of heat for keeping it up this long.

Best,

Squall28
Ack! Poor Brian. TPTB are really starting to show a seige mentality at this point. Hopefully it will not impact his employment at the network. :(

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Wow fairplay, by reading those screenshots I can see why it was deleted - brain donors like Skiznot can only help to undermine SGU if people start to think that SGU's demographic & fanbase are all ********.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Im glad it got preserved here for posterity! There is so much of Gateworld preserved here that is completely gone from there. Its sorta like that episode Revisions in SG-1 where the people who were disappeared were wiped from the collective memory. Only the SG-1 team knew what was happening. :)
yep yep I feel like it is revisions 24/7 at both GW and syfy....the deletes do NOT "unwrite" the posts....people are still thinking BW is an ass and the show sucks even if it is deleted!

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
From Squall/Brian:

Hi,

Best,

Squall28

Poor guy, tough being on that corporate leash. SyFy headquartered in the land of the free.

View attachment 1894

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
wow I appreciate the squall28 post number 25.
He suggested sgu fate is already done and producers already know.They try to save their a**
Thx for keeping these deleted thread.
BTW squall28 tell more and more often what he thinks about sgu producers....

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob

By Gatefan1976:

I'm confused.

From Squall/Brian:

Hi,

Best,

Squall28
Well it smells no good for sgu.
Sometimes I admire him to try and tell some truth.

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
This was a great save PSW. Kudos.

"but have been getting a lot of heat for keeping it up this long."

Hmmm, from whom I wonder

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
Hi,

Best,

Squall28

He's in an unenviable position and at least he's honest about the pressure he's under. No need to insult the guy by posting pictures of being on a leash and stuff like that. He strikes me as fair and someone doing the best they can to keep things objective in his little corner of the world. And really, he's a mod for SyFy forums so do the math. The fact that he was able to keep that particular thread going for as long as he did, in SyFy's own back yard is pretty impressive. And lastly, he doesn't seem to run and hide when questioned nor does he dictate draconian edicts from his moderator perch, unlike certain mods on a certain forum (Gate World).

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
In defense of Briangate/squall

He's in an unenviable position and at least he's honest about the pressure he's under. No need to insult the guy by posting pictures of being on a leash and stuff like that. He strikes me as fair and someone doing the best they can to keep things objective in his little corner of the world. And really, he's a mod for SyFy forums so do the math. The fact that he was able to keep that particular thread going for as long as he did, in SyFy's own back yard is pretty impressive. And lastly, he doesn't seem to run and hide when questioned nor does he dictate draconian edicts from his moderator perch, unlike certain mods on a certain forum (Gate World).

I will agree with you. Briangate/squall28 is in a tough position. it's not being on a leash, it's simply trying to keep one's job. in this employment atmosphere I would not reccomend/advocate anyone go against their company's policy on anything...:( leave the poor man alone. he is a good honest mod...unlike the morons at GW. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
ITA. Briangate/Squall28 is a great guy, a good Syfy forums Mod, and definitely a Stargate fan.

I will agree with you. Briangate/squall28 is in a tough position. it's not being on a leash, it's simply trying to keep one's job. in this employment atmosphere I would not reccomend/advocate anyone go against their company's policy on anything...:( leave the poor man alone. he is a good honest mod...unlike the morons at GW. ;)

The dude is in a tough position. TPTB at SGU productions see his stuff on Gateworld and Syfy, and they can lean on Syfy with comments like "He is swaying public opinion! Waaaahhhhh!". Its a trite perversion of what Brad Wright has done by blaming the fans for the failure of his ill-conceived soap opera. But in this case, they can name names. I completely understand his position and also his response strategy. I can see the unseen fingers pointing at him. One does not go from straightforward honesty about this show to "watch it to save the franchise" unless under diress.

I interpret his actions as being those of somebody who is being told to do something whilst under threat of (?).