DaVinci: Time Traveller?

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I'm catching that series!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Not a time traveler! That was why I did not want to see this show...it is a "re-imagined" life chronicle of Leonardo DaVinci (personified by a much younger, good looking man as compared to the general image of DaVinci we all know). The stories are like a cross between National treasure and Game of Thrones, with some humor thrown in. Worth watching!

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Wait so you watched it or no? And you watched Game of Thrones?! Isn't that like...against your religion?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Not a time traveler! That was why I did not want to see this show...it is a "re-imagined" life chronicle of Leonardo DaVinci (personified by a much younger, good looking man as compared to the general image of DaVinci we all know). The stories are like a cross between National treasure and Game of Thrones, with some humor thrown in. Worth watching!

Well hey-I killed starz once Spartacus was done--I was just "putting out the info"..from the one trailer I saw, it implied that time travel may be involved :icon_lol:

I guess I'll add a disclaimer from now on --"I neither can confirm nor deny that anything in this trailer is accurate or that it indeed reflects the actual nature of the show/movie/book/article, etc"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wait so you watched it or no? And you watched Game of Thrones?! Isn't that like...against your religion?

:) I usually sample shows we talk about here, just to check them out. I watched three episodes of Game of Thrones, did not like it. Still dont like it. :) But the look of it reminds me somewhat of DaVinci's Demons. I watched a random episode of it with a neighbor and I loved it! Im gonna watch from the beginning.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Had a marathon of this today, all of S1 and S2/1 now recorded on dvr for viewing.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I love this show!

So let me get this straight-you won't watch stuff like VIKINGS because History channel 'may' fabricate history to fit their script. But, in Davinci's demons we see him cavorting with an Inca princess--how is this not a massive distortion of history?

I don't believe that DaVinci ever left Southern Europe.

Just sayin' :rolleye0014: :confused0006:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Da Vinci's Demons= Pure entertainment and no claim to history.
Vikings = On history channel, so you would be forgiven for expecting some...........historical accuracy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So let me get this straight-you won't watch stuff like VIKINGS because History channel 'may' fabricate history to fit their script. But, in Davinci's demons we see him cavorting with an Inca princess--how is this not a massive distortion of history?

I don't believe that DaVinci ever left Southern Europe.

Just sayin' :rolleye0014: :confused0006:

Because Da Vinci's demons is a stylized show. It does not present itself as a historical account, nor does it try and say that the boytoy DaVinci in the show is anything like the historical DaVinci. It is high parody in a way. The Vikings is on the History Channel, and it is presenting itself as a dramatic portrayal of the actual Vikings. There was no such thing as an Inca princess since there weren't any Inca princesses...any more than Pocahontas was a Native American princess. There were no Native American princesses.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Because Da Vinci's demons is a stylized show. It does not present itself as a historical account, nor does it try and say that the boytoy DaVinci in the show is anything like the historical DaVinci. It is high parody in a way. The Vikings is on the History Channel, and it is presenting itself as a dramatic portrayal of the actual Vikings. There was no such thing as an Inca princess since there weren't any Inca princesses...any more than Pocahontas was a Native American princess. There were no Native American princesses.

Relax man..just messing with you :icon_lol: