Cure For Cancer

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
That's pretty cool. Things are looking up there. Although isn't this how Resident Evil Started? ;)

Almost 500k for a single treatment. That's pretty dear. I can't see why it would have to cost that much if the technology has already been developed. Guess they have to earn back previous investments that led to this new tech. Still, if you consider how many people it could cure, perhaps a government could make a one time investment to get everyone with cancer cured. Well a lot of them anyway. Google says about 173000 people are to be diagnosed with a blood cancer in the US in 2017. Treating all those people would cost about 82 billion bucks. That's a lot of money. But how big is the US budget overall?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That's pretty cool. Things are looking up there. Although isn't this how Resident Evil Started? ;)

Almost 500k for a single treatment. That's pretty dear. I can't see why it would have to cost that much if the technology has already been developed. Guess they have to earn back previous investments that led to this new tech. Still, if you consider how many people it could cure, perhaps a government could make a one time investment to get everyone with cancer cured. Well a lot of them anyway. Google says about 173000 people are to be diagnosed with a blood cancer in the US in 2017. Treating all those people would cost about 82 billion bucks. That's a lot of money. But how big is the US budget overall?

I don't get it. Even if they buy this cancer cure, they are STILL going to die anyway. Perhaps not of cancer, but they will die. I do understand the precious value of additional time to enjoy life, but I also accept the inevitability of death. Why are people so afraid of death? Before the Romans and the Greeks, civilizations revered the afterlife and met death with dignity and elaborate preparation.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Cancer has a lot of pain and prolonged suffering so I see why you would want to curb its progression . But yah , that cost is out of reach for many . Greed again perhaps ,,,