Convention - Michael Shanks

rhyshanan

GateFans Noob
Here in New Zealand we have the Armageddon expo, stargate actors always come and once again Michael Shanks is coming to town. As I'm sure Michael is as disgusted by this raping of the franchise, I intend to make doubley sure he knows (and can deliver a message) that we are VERY DISAPPOINTED here in new zealand.

Have any of you been to Conventions to voice your opinion?

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I'm going to LA con. Perhaps I don't need to say anything though, perhaps by then SGU is canceled!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
OC as in Orange County? I'm downtown.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
OC is actually the acronym for my hometown in Wisconsin, but yes, it does match my current county....
You going to the con as well?

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
I'm dying to know Shanks' take on Daniel Jackson being reduced to a second rate TMZ photographer. I bet when "SGUseless" finally dies he (and everyone) will breathe a sigh of relief and offer up some scathing comments about the whole mess.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm dying to know Shanks' take on Daniel Jackson being reduced to a second rate TMZ photographer. I bet when "SGUseless" finally dies he (and everyone) will breathe a sigh of relief and offer up some scathing comments about the whole mess.

On the upside, we won't have too wait to long!! :sgusucks::rotflmao:

Nani

GateFans Noob

Hey, he could always say "no, thank you" next time they ask him to do a cameo on SGEww. ;)

rhyshanan

GateFans Noob
Well I attended Armageddon Expo. Shanks was understandably diplomatic when he said ... 'shows that people dont love, dont last long.' No one on the panel (or in the crowd) had anything good to say about sgu however Michael did remind fans not to blame the actors, and that the producers and writers were to blame. Understandable, even though the cast cant act for shit or maybe they just havn't been given that opportunity... idk.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Well I attended Armageddon Expo. Shanks was understandably diplomatic when he said ... 'shows that people dont love, dont last long.' No one on the panel (or in the crowd) had anything good to say about sgu however Michael did remind fans not to blame the actors, and that the producers and writers were to blame. Understandable, even though the cast cant act for shit or maybe they just havn't been given that opportunity... idk.

Go Mikey, Go Mikey :D :D

My funnybone is fucking aching after reading this.
:rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::thoranime12:

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob

You're right, it is understandable for Shanks to defend the actors when it's obvious the majority of the blame starts with the TPTB. The acting really isn't that relevant because the premise of the show is so heavily flawed as well as the writing in general. Besides, what actor wouldn't have trouble with the crap character they've been given to portray on SGU? That job would be an exercise in futility.

I still wonder what Shanks thinks of the role they gave him on SGU though. Surely he has to have an opinion since he went from being "Daniel Jackson archaeologist/adventurer" to "Daniel Jackson wedding photographer". I know a paycheck is a paycheck but still, the guy had to have some misgivings.

SGUBlows

GateFans Noob
Thanks for reporting back what he said! I can't believe he mentioned blaming the writers and producers. I hope he never needs a job from them again. :)

Otherwise Shanks seems to be pretty open-minded when it comes to what they have Daniel doing in these guest spots. IIRC he talked last year about them asking him to help launch SGU, and how he was happy to do it. So I think to him it's more about having something interesting to do as an actor, rather than how perfectly realistic the use of Daniel might be. He seemed to really like working with Robert Carlyle in that one ep. I enjoyed their interaction actually.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
what a difference a year makes......

Thanks for reporting back what he said! I can't believe he mentioned blaming the writers and producers. I hope he never needs a job from them again. :)

Otherwise Shanks seems to be pretty open-minded when it comes to what they have Daniel doing in these guest spots. IIRC he talked last year about them asking him to help launch SGU, and how he was happy to do it. So I think to him it's more about having something interesting to do as an actor, rather than how perfectly realistic the use of Daniel might be. He seemed to really like working with Robert Carlyle in that one ep. I enjoyed their interaction actually.

Well if you remember last year he actually got to be Daniel in the little info videos they showed to Eli about the stargate etc...he made a number of those and I am sure got paid well. they were also perfectly in Daniel's character. that was before we saw just how bad the show was going to suck. :P

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Actually at the last Chi Con. Michael said he'd love to guest star but he doesn't know if it's good for Daniel. JM said that Shanks will not be guest staring if SGU goes into season 3...sounds like Shanks turned them down.