Cobra Kai - Followup to Karate Kid

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Oh yes! Cobra Kai is actually pretty well known. I watched some of it and it's not bad - not really my kettle of fish but not bad nonetheless. Four seasons exist with a Season 5 filming.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Oh yes! Cobra Kai is actually pretty well known. I watched some of it and it's not bad - not really my kettle of fish but not bad nonetheless. Four seasons exist with a Season 5I a filming.
I am liking it so far at least it's not in your face type of violence that's like most of hollywood these days. It sticks to the original cannon too which is great to see.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Season 5 was great although some of the shot did look cheaply made like the driving the car you could clearly see that it was fake and also shaky cameras were really annoying too.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
There are 5 seasons of a tv show based on the karate kid movie?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There are 5 seasons of a tv show based on the karate kid movie?
Oh yes! And it's not bad actually. I suspect they will wrap it up next season though as this season resolved most of the outstanding plot lines with antagonists that go back to the movies no less:

1) Terry Silver - in jail.

2) John Lawrence - changed his ways and is a good guy (really he changed at the end of the first movie so this is pretty logical).

3) Chozen from Karate Kid 2 - changed ways and became good guy (although he should have been in jail from events in Karate Kid 2).

4) All that remains is Kreese (Martin Kove is great as this villain) - I suspect he finally changes heart.

The whole series is a giant series of redemption stories so to speak.

Last edited:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Oh yes! And it's not bad actually. I suspect they will wrap it up next season though as this season resolved most of the outstanding plot lines with antagonists that go back to the movies no less:

1) Terry Silver - in jail.

2) John Lawrence - changed his ways and is a good guy (really he changed at the end of the first movie so this is pretty logical).

3) Chozen from Karate Kid 2 - changed ways and became good guy (although he should have been in jail from events in Karate Kid 2).

4) All that remains is Kreese (Martin Kove is great as this villain) - I suspect he finally changes heart.

The whole series is a giant series of redemption stories so to speak.
Daniel also fights silver too twice as well and kreese too. Johnny Lawrence is funny as ever I am glad they developed him as a character as I felt he was flat in the movie and didn't contribute anything.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
John Lawrence wasn't the real antagonist in the original movie - John Kreese was. Johnny was more a student of Kreese's who got bad ideas from his teacher (as Miyagi say - No such thing bad student only bad teacher). He was a jerk and a bully but Daniel earned his respect and when he beat Johnny at the end of the first film Lawrence gives him the trophy and says he's all right.