Chuck

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
A few months ago I stopped watching this show because I thought that it had gotten stale and directionless, however I've been catching up recently and WOW! :eek:
I absolute loved the the arc with Vivian Volkoff/Winterbotton, Agent X, The Norseman, and the ending with Chuck and Sarah finally getting married, Chuck becoming an agent in his own right instead of always relying on the intersect. Also they introduced one of the most badass characters I've ever seen on tv: Hartley Winterbottom's 80 year old mother. The only part I'm a bit weary about is Morgan accidentally uploading the intersect into himself at the end.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
So Chuck is back for its fifth and final season on friday. I'll definitely be watching, how 'bout you guys?

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqOtFe4PHJI

G

Graybrew1

I'll give it a go, I love Adam Baldwin from Firefly's "Jayne". :biggrin:

G

Graybrew1

I went ahead and watched it again tonight. It was pretty good, but still not as good as first season IMO.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
ok i ustve lost my frickin mind or the pain pills ive been popping the last few days has screwed with my brain chemestry as i... (cant believe inm saying this).. i think i like CHUCK... ive just found it annoying sstupoid and ridiculous in the past but during the past week ive been watching the late night reruns they have on tv here and its grown on me :O i actually now giv e a damn about the characters..

anyway i am enjoying it sofar tho i have no idea on what ep or what season im on.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
ok i ustve lost my frickin mind or the pain pills ive been popping the last few days has screwed with my brain chemestry as i... (cant believe inm saying this).. i think i like CHUCK... ive just found it annoying sstupoid and ridiculous in the past but during the past week ive been watching the late night reruns they have on tv here and its grown on me :O i actually now giv e a damn about the characters..

anyway i am enjoying it sofar tho i have no idea on what ep or what season im on.

Great to hear it. :beckettu: Well what's happened in the episodes that you've watched?

OMNI

Great to hear it. :beckettu: Well what's happened in the episodes that you've watched?

i really hav no idea how it happened as i hated everything Chuck with a passion just a few days ago :O

and last ep i saw last night/morning on 6:an was with Chuck and his ex Jill showing up and the ep was about some nasty virus that was released at some conference..

but i also saw another ep on 3:an 15 minutes after the one on 6:an aired that was about some kid who had been locked up in some research facility somewhere and the agency had forced him to make cool weapons etc.. but he went mental and tried to blow up the nerd herd car under some pier...

i think im a bit all over the place with my watching order..

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
i really hav no idea how it happened as i hated everything Chuck with a passion just a few days ago :O

and last ep i saw last night/morning on 6:an was with Chuck and his ex Jill showing up and the ep was about some nasty virus that was released at some conference..

That episode is from the first half of season 2.

Also, the key to watching Chuck is to just not take it seriously. After all it is called a spy-comedy for good reason. ;)

but i also saw another ep on 3:an 15 minutes after the one on 6:an aired that was about some kid who had been locked up in some research facility somewhere and the agency had forced him to make cool weapons etc.. but he went mental and tried to blow up the nerd herd car under some pier...

i think im a bit all over the place with my watching order..

That one I'm just not sure about. I think it could've been one of the later seasons (3 or 4 maybe...)

OMNI

That episode is from the first half of season 2.

Also, the key to watching Chuck is to just not take it seriously. After all it is called a spy-comedy for good reason. ;)

That one I'm just not sure about. I think it could've been one of the later seasons (3 or 4 maybe...)

aye season 2 episode 7 i believe (i wiki'd it)

and yeah i get that now i didnt before :P anywoo its grown on me and im now "accuiring" all the episodes there are so im likly to have myself an X-mas chuck marathon ;)

OMNI

ok Chuck+funky painkillers=awesome instant win!! im just going on s4 now and im enjoying it ALOT watching em all one after another like this, sure the occasional filler ep is a pure pain in the rear but the over all serialized format of the show is something i really like and the characters have def grown on me now ;)

anyway if anyone here hasnt given it a chance please do as if even me the ultimate "chuck-hater" (until a few days ago) can come around im sure you can aswell.

(or maybe its just the painkillers talking... if so forget everything i just said ;))

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
ok Chuck+funky painkillers=awesome instant win!! im just going on s4 now and im enjoying it ALOT watching em all one after another like this, sure the occasional filler ep is a pure pain in the rear but the over all serialized format of the show is something i really like and the characters have def grown on me now ;)

anyway if anyone here hasnt given it a chance please do as if even me the ultimate "chuck-hater" (until a few days ago) can come around im sure you can aswell.

(or maybe its just the painkillers talking... if so forget everything i just said ;))

Nice to hear that you're enjoying it, and yeah, the show is actually much better when you watch it in rapid succession. I remember when I started watching season 3 and season 4 that I stopped watching after a few episodes because the show can be a bit slow in the beginning of the seasons, but then when a few episodes had passed I picked it up again and watched 'em all back to back. It makes the show so much more enjoyable and it's also easier to ignore the occasional filler ep.

OMNI

Ok so ive have now watched ALL the chuck episodes and im now fully caught up to season 5 and dieing for this weeks ep which according to IMDB airs on friday (christmas ep) and im def looking forward to it as it sports the return of agent Shaw :) and according to some rumors we wil find out who is behind season 5s main plot...

its a damn shame that this season is the last as ive just now started enjoying this series...
i did however NOT enjoy the morgan-sect....

OMNI

Nice to hear that you're enjoying it, and yeah, the show is actually much better when you watch it in rapid succession. I remember when I started watching season 3 and season 4 that I stopped watching after a few episodes because the show can be a bit slow in the beginning of the seasons, but then when a few episodes had passed I picked it up again and watched 'em all back to back. It makes the show so much more enjoyable and it's also easier to ignore the occasional filler ep.
i agree back to back is def the way to watch.
but really filler eps? none of them are really filler eps tho are they? sure some stories have less impact then others to the main arc but they all still link to eachother in one way or another.. also i LOVE that ie serialized and not "baddie" of the week which was my first impression of what this series was but it clearly isnt (well not exactly).

OMNI

ok so who saw tonights episode?

i found it unsurpisingly fullfilling to see chuck beat the crap out of Shaw :)

OMNI

ok so chuck ends like so many others before it ie with a HORRIBLE series finale... SHAME on the writers as they knew they only had 13 episodes to wrap eveything up nicly but low and behold they HAD to F it up with stupid plot twists right at the last few episodes and then leave it hanging there.

:facepalm: