Chat GPT

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I asked Chat GPT to give me an original script of both Frasier, Seinfeld, Stargate and Stargate Atlantis.

What do you guys think?

Title: Stargate SG-1 - Episode: "Lost in Time"
INT. STARGATE COMMAND - GATE ROOM - DAY
(Colonel JACK O'NEILL, Dr. DANIEL JACKSON, Captain SAMANTHA CARTER, and Teal'c stand around the Stargate.)
CARTER: (excitedly) This address is like nothing we've seen before.
DANIEL: (curious) It's not in any of the Abydos cartouches.
O'NEILL: (smirking) Well, kids, what do you say? Shall we dial it?
CARTER: (nodding) Yes, sir. I'll dial the address now.
(Carter dials the Stargate, and the event horizon forms.)
INT. UNKNOWN PLANET - ALIEN TEMPLE - DAY
(The team steps through the Stargate and finds themselves in an ancient temple.)
DANIEL: (amazed) This architecture is nothing like we've encountered before.
O'NEILL: (looking around) Keep your eyes peeled. We don't know what's out here.
(As they explore, they come across a mysterious artifact in the center of the temple.)
CARTER: (examining the artifact) This looks like some kind of time device.
DANIEL: (excited) A time device? This could explain why the address wasn't in the cartouches. It's from a different time period!
O'NEILL: (cautious) Let's not touch anything until we figure out what it does.
(INT. STARGATE COMMAND - LAB - DAY)
(CARTER and DANIEL are examining the artifact, while O'NEILL and TEAL'C observe.)
CARTER: (excited) I've never seen anything like this. It seems to be powered by naquadah.
DANIEL: (studying ancient texts) According to these inscriptions, the device can transport individuals through time.
O'NEILL: (raising an eyebrow) Time travel, huh? Great. Just what we needed.
CARTER: (optimistic) Sir, if we can control the time coordinates, we might be able to return to our own time.
DANIEL: (nodding) It's worth a shot.
(INT. UNKNOWN PLANET - ALIEN TEMPLE - DAY)
(The team returns to the alien temple with the artifact.)
CARTER: (setting up the device) I think I've figured out the controls. We need to enter the specific time coordinates we want to travel to.
DANIEL: (consulting ancient texts) According to these inscriptions, we should be able to return to our own time by setting the device to the present.
O'NEILL: (determined) Let's do it. I don't want to miss dinner tonight.
(Carter sets the time coordinates, and the device activates.)
INT. STARGATE COMMAND - GATE ROOM - DAY
(The team steps back through the Stargate and finds themselves back at Stargate Command.)
CARTER: (smiling) It worked! We're back in our own time!
DANIEL: (relieved) I'm glad we made it back in one piece.
O'NEILL: (grinning) Well, that was an adventure. Let's hope we don't stumble upon any more time devices anytime soon.
FADE OUT.

Title: Stargate Atlantis - Episode: "Lost City of the Ancients"
INT. ANCIENT CITY - ANCIENT CONTROL ROOM - DAY
(Dr. RODNEY MCKAY, Dr. ELIZABETH WEIR, Lieutenant COLONEL JOHN SHEPPARD, and RONON DEX stand in the control room of the ancient city of Atlantis.)
MCKAY: (excited) According to the Ancient database, this room controls the entire city's systems.
WEIR: (curious) Can we activate the city's defense systems?
MCKAY: (typing on the console) I believe so, but we need to be careful. We don't want to accidentally set off any alarms.
SHEPPARD: (alert) We've got company. Wraith ships are approaching the city.
DEX: (drawing his weapon) I'll take care of them.
(DEX leaves the control room to engage the Wraith ships.)
INT. ANCIENT CITY - BALCONY - DAY
(DEX takes down the Wraith ships using his blaster.)
DEX: (over the radio) The skies are clear. No more Wraith ships.
INT. ANCIENT CITY - ANCIENT CONTROL ROOM - DAY
(MCKAY successfully activates the city's defense systems.)
MCKAY: (proudly) The city's shields are up. We're safe for now.
WEIR: (relieved) Good work, Rodney. Now, let's focus on finding the Lost City of the Ancients.
MCKAY: (determined) According to the Ancient database, the location of the Lost City is somewhere in the Pegasus galaxy.
SHEPPARD: (nodding) We need to gather more intel. Who knows what else we'll find in this city?
(MCKAY, WEIR, and SHEPPARD continue to explore the ancient city of Atlantis, eager to uncover its secrets.)
FADE OUT.

Title: "Frasier's Comedy of Errors"

INT. FRASIER'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - DAY

(FRASIER is seated on his iconic leather chair, reading a book, while MARTIN is in the kitchen fixing himself a snack. The door opens, and NILES enters.)

NILES: (excitedly) Frasier, you won't believe what just happened at Cafe Nervosa! The most delightful barista made me the perfect latte!

FRASIER: (smirking) Oh, Niles, I'm sure she's as enchanting as the foam art on your latte.

MARTIN: (teasingly) You two are like schoolboys with your coffee shop crushes.

(Frasier looks at his watch.)

FRASIER: Speaking of school, where's Daphne? She was supposed to pick up Eddie from his grooming appointment an hour ago.

NILES: (checking his phone) Oh, dear! I just received a text from her. She's stuck in traffic and can't get to Eddie. She asked if you could do it, Frasier.

FRASIER: (sighs) Me? I have a radio show to prepare for, Niles.

MARTIN: (jokingly) Don't worry, Fras. You can handle dropping off a little dog, can't you?

FRASIER: (reluctantly) Fine, fine. But I'll need you to stall for me, Dad. Can't let my listeners down.

MARTIN: (grinning) Oh, I've got a few stories up my sleeve.

(FRASIER grabs the leash and heads for the door.)

INT. CAFE NERVOSA - DAY

(FRASIER walks into Cafe Nervosa, slightly flustered.)

ROZ: (smirking) Running errands, Dr. Crane?

FRASIER: (sarcastically) Yes, Roz. You caught me in a charitable moment.

ROZ: (playfully) Well, don't forget, charity begins at home. And by home, I mean my cup of caramel macchiato.

FRASIER: (smiling) Of course, Roz. Anything for you.

INT. VET CLINIC - RECEPTION - DAY

(FRASIER stands at the reception, holding Eddie's leash.)

FRASIER: (nervously) Hi, I'm here to pick up Eddie, Dr. Frasier Crane.

RECEPTIONIST: (checking the records) Ah, yes. Eddie is ready to go. Dr. Crane, right?

FRASIER: (correcting) Yes, that's correct. Dr. Frasier Crane.

RECEPTIONIST: (giggling) Right. Sorry about that.

INT. FRASIER'S APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - DAY

(FRASIER enters the apartment with Eddie.)

NILES: (excited) You're back! How was the grooming appointment?

FRASIER: (relieved) It was fine, Niles. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a radio show to host.

MARTIN: (teasingly) Oh, come on, Fras. You can't leave us hanging. How did it go?

FRASIER: (sighs) Well, let's just say I had a small comedy of errors at the vet clinic. But that's a story for another time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my listeners.

(FRASIER exits to his study, leaving NILES and MARTIN laughing.)

NILES: Oh, I can't wait to hear this story on the radio.

MARTIN: Me too, Niles. Me too.

FADE OUT.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Title: Star Trek: The Next Generation - "Temporal Conundrum"
Stardate: 45947.3
INT. USS ENTERPRISE - BRIDGE - DAY
(Captain JEAN-LUC PICARD stands on the bridge, overseeing the ship's operations.)
PICARD: (addressing the crew) Set course for Alpha Quadrant, Warp 8. We have a rendezvous with the USS Defiant for a joint mission.
HELMSMAN: (nods) Aye, Captain. Setting course for Alpha Quadrant.
(The USS Enterprise goes to warp speed.)
INT. USS ENTERPRISE - CAPTAIN'S READY ROOM - DAY
(Captain Picard is studying a PADD when COMMANDER DATA enters.)
DATA: Captain, I have noticed a discrepancy in our navigational records.
PICARD: (curious) Elaborate, Data.
DATA: I cross-referenced our current position with historical stardate records, and it appears that we are three days ahead of schedule.
PICARD: (intrigued) That is indeed unusual. Can you pinpoint the origin of this temporal discrepancy?
DATA: (checking the data) It is difficult to determine, Captain. However, I suggest conducting a thorough sensor sweep to investigate further.
PICARD: Agreed. Proceed with the sensor sweep, and inform me of any anomalies.
INT. USS ENTERPRISE - BRIDGE - LATER
(Data is at his station, analyzing the sensor data.)
DATA: (reporting) Captain, I have detected a temporal anomaly nearby. It appears to be causing the time fluctuations we experienced.
PICARD: (concerned) Helm, alter our course away from the anomaly. We must proceed with caution.
HELMSMAN: (nods) Aye, Captain. Altering course.
(The USS Enterprise veers away from the temporal anomaly.)
INT. USS DEFIANT - BRIDGE - DAY
(Captain BENJAMIN SISKO of the USS Defiant is on the bridge, preparing for the joint mission.)
SISKO: (communicator) USS Enterprise, this is Captain Sisko. We are ready to proceed with the joint mission. ETA in five minutes.
PICARD: (communicator) Understood, Captain Sisko. We will meet you at the designated coordinates.
INT. USS ENTERPRISE - BRIDGE - CONTINUOUS
PICARD: (to RIKER) Number One, I want you to lead an away team to investigate the temporal anomaly. Take Data with you.
RIKER: (nodding) Aye, Captain.
INT. TEMPORAL ANOMALY - PLANETARY SURFACE - DAY
(Riker, Data, and the away team land on the surface near the temporal anomaly.)
DATA: (scanning the anomaly) Fascinating. The temporal distortion seems to be emanating from a specific point in this vicinity.
RIKER: (serious) Let's proceed with caution. We don't know what we'll encounter.
(As they approach the anomaly, they see a figure struggling in time loops.)
FIGURE: (yelling) Help! I'm trapped!
DATA: (analyzing) Captain, the individual is caught in a temporal loop. Their existence is stuck in a continuous time loop, reliving the same moment repeatedly.
RIKER: (determined) We have to find a way to break the loop and free them.
(Riker and Data return with their findings.)
RIKER: (reporting) Captain, the temporal anomaly is caused by an entity trapped in a temporal loop. It seems to have unintentionally affected our ship's timeline.
PICARD: (concerned) How can we free the entity and restore our timeline?
DATA: (analyzing) I believe the key is to disrupt the temporal loop's pattern by emitting a specific energy pulse from our deflector dish.
PICARD: (decisive) Make it so, Data. Prepare the deflector dish.
INT. TEMPORAL ANOMALY - PLANETARY SURFACE - DAY
(The away team sets up the deflector dish and emits the energy pulse, breaking the temporal loop.)
FIGURE: (grateful) Thank you! I am free!
RIKER: (smiling) You're welcome. Are you alright?
FIGURE: I am. I have been trapped here for centuries. My name is Temporos, the Guardian of Time.
(Picard and Temporos converse.)
TEMPOROS: I am grateful for your assistance, Captain. Your act of compassion has restored the balance of time.
PICARD: (humbled) It was the right thing to do. Time is a delicate fabric that must be protected.
TEMPOROS: Indeed. As a token of my appreciation, I will grant you safe passage through temporal anomalies.
PICARD: Thank you, Temporos. We are honored.
FADE OUT.
Note: The above script is an original creation for a fictional episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation and may not adhere to canon or established continuity.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yep, that's the kind of gibberish Chat GPT creates.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol. The Stargate stories appear to be missing a lot, and have some inconsistencies.

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Yep, that's the kind of gibberish Chat GPT creates.
Well, it's not exactly gibberish. I strongly suggest trying it out for yourself.:tealc_newanime006: It's not stupid, and it is definitely not generating gibberish. You can almost "Norman" it (a Star Trek reference). You can use logic to get it to refine it's answers. Yes, it will generate generic stories, but it isn't human. It provides the equivalent of a rough draft, leaving you with the much easier tasks of polishing, changing things, and making it your own. I wouldn't pooh pooh it without trying! Just sayin.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I have tried it - it gets even basic logic problems wrong. I even sent it requests for stories and the resulting stories did not mesh at all with the subject matter (like when I asked it for a story like "The Odd Couple" but with Godzilla and King Ghidorah instead of Felix and Oscar).

Shadow Mann

Staff member
I have tried it - it gets even basic logic problems wrong. I even sent it requests for stories and the resulting stories did not mesh at all with the subject matter (like when I asked it for a story like "The Odd Couple" but with Godzilla and King Ghidorah instead of Felix and Oscar).
I am loving it. I feed it scenarios and then tell it to create characters who live and interact in that scenario. The story or character it generates serves as a kernel of a better idea. I am 100% understanding why Hollywood is so easily shedding writer's rooms for AI, while willing to pay actual seasoned writers to develop or refine what AI starts with. Since nothing done completely by AI can be copyrighted, this is pretty much the only way they can monetize it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am loving it. I feed it scenarios and then tell it to create characters who live and interact in that scenario. The story or character it generates serves as a kernel of a better idea. I am 100% understanding why Hollywood is so easily shedding writer's rooms for AI, while willing to pay actual seasoned writers to develop or refine what AI starts with. Since nothing done completely by AI can be copyrighted, this is pretty much the only way they can monetize it.
Ask chatgpt if any nation has ecological sovereignty, as of 2 months ago, a few ppl asked it that, JUST that. no hypotheticals or what ifs or future developments to consider.

it gave all types of 'gibberish' as in deflection, as in, couldn't answer. from giving definitions of different types of sovereignty, to a def. of ecology

the simple and only answer to this question is "no", yet this function could not come up with the 2 letter and only answer

and it is a "real term" it has been referenced in political-social literature several times in at least the last decade

---------------------
I think people need to be cognizant of WHO owns chatgpt and what they may be pointing people to- products and services, that the company/ companies may also own or have interests in, with chatgpt's responses

@Joelist @Atlantis

Shadow Mann

Staff member
Ask chatgpt if any nation has ecological sovereignty, as of 2 months ago, a few ppl asked it that, JUST that. no hypotheticals or what ifs or future developments to consider.

it gave all types of 'gibberish' as in deflection, as in, couldn't answer. from giving definitions of different types of sovereignty, to a def. of ecology

the simple and only answer to this question is "no", yet this function could not come up with the 2 letter and only answer

and it is a "real term" it has been referenced in political-social literature several times in at least the last decade

---------------------
I think people need to be cognizant of WHO owns chatgpt and what they may be pointing people to- products and services, that the company/ companies may also own or have interests in, with chatgpt's responses

@Joelist @Atlantis
ChatGPT and all AI depend entirely on the human prompts to decide how to respond. The more precise the prompt, the better the response. For instance, the term "ecological sovereignty" is rather vague. Without defining it explicitly for ChatGPT, it will guess, or respond to the individual words like "ecological" or "sovereignty". Try asking the same thing in a different way and regenerate the response maybe?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
ChatGPT and all AI depend entirely on the human prompts to decide how to respond. The more precise the prompt, the better the response. For instance, the term "ecological sovereignty" is rather vague. Without defining it explicitly for ChatGPT, it will guess, or respond to the individual words like "ecological" or "sovereignty". Try asking the same thing in a different way and regenerate the response maybe?
as i stated, the question was "Does any Nation have ecological sovereignty?"

It is quite simple for anyone with a HS diploma, or should be. Provided they do not confuse ecological with environmental or climate, etc.

The answer, of course, is no. Unless a Nation can figure out a way to build a dome over their entire territory. If an AI can't figure that out, its not worth my time. I will stick with human interaction thank you very much ;)

Shadow Mann

Staff member
as i stated, the question was "Does any Nation have ecological sovereignty?"

It is quite simple for anyone with a HS diploma, or should be. Provided they do not confuse ecological with environmental or climate, etc.

The answer, of course, is no. Unless a Nation can figure out a way to build a dome over their entire territory. If an AI can't figure that out, its not worth my time. I will stick with human interaction thank you very much ;)
I am seeing it's most useful feature being how it aggregates information and then digests it in such a way that ties it together. You can ask it to summarize available reviews for a given film, specifying most common pros and cons. You can provide it a set of character traits and then have it describe the character's appearance based upon that. Another favorite AI I use is installed locally on my computer: Stable Diffusion. It works only with images, but also needs prompts to create the images based on the prompt. Great for covers, monsters, landscapes, etc.

I can easily see why Hollywood has become interested in it to such a degree. It seems no less useless than adult children being cranked out of liberal universities in the US!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Ah, but can it write a good limerick...

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I am seeing it's most useful feature being how it aggregates information and then digests it in such a way that ties it together. You can ask it to summarize available reviews for a given film,
its "funny", you make this statement, when THIS is what a person should be doing. Its called critical thinking. Why surrender this skill to a machine mind?

and then, you make the statement you do about College students at the end; its duplicitous

don't know who you are anymore man, spending way too much time in the Muskiverse