Carl Binder - Diplomat?

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Here is part of an interview he gave about writing for SGU:

Having worked for two seasons of Universe, are there any differences Binder has found between writing for it and Atlantis? “It’s hard to compare the two,” he explains. “The problem is when you end up saying what you really enjoy about writing for SGU, it sounds to some people like you’re disparaging what you did before, which is not the case. I loved writing for Atlantis and that show was a blast to work on, but it lived in a different world from the one SGU lives in, and I’m really enjoying that world.

“In some ways Atlantis was more fun because you could joke around. You could have the smartass comments or give Sheppard those quirky little lines. Sometimes I’m in the middle of writing an SGU script and think, ‘Hmm, this could be a funny line.’ More than once I’ve given Eli a little quip and then thought, ‘Wait a second. In reality, he would not make a joke in this moment because it’s far too serious.’ SGU has kind of a darker feel to it and it’s a whole different entity. So I can’t compare it to Atlantis. There are so many things about SGU that I really like as opposed to Atlantis and vice versa. Atlantis was a great deal of fun to do, as is SGU.”

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/s...argate-universe-writers-room-carl-binder.html

Warning: If you care, the article has spoilers about upcoming episodes of SGU.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
My goodness...he as much as said that SGU was AU...

I'm shocked, I tell you...SHOCKED!

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
If only all comments on the Atlantis/Universe situation had been that good.

One can but dream :) I dont think the bad PR comments have ended yet either, lets see what Brad & co have to say at comic con.

johnsheppard

GateFans Noob
Here is part of an interview he gave about writing for SGU:

Having worked for two seasons of Universe, are there any differences Binder has found between writing for it and Atlantis? “It’s hard to compare the two,” he explains. “The problem is when you end up saying what you really enjoy about writing for SGU, it sounds to some people like you’re disparaging what you did before, which is not the case. I loved writing for Atlantis and that show was a blast to work on, but it lived in a different world from the one SGU lives in, and I’m really enjoying that world.

“In some ways Atlantis was more fun because you could joke around. You could have the smartass comments or give Sheppard those quirky little lines. Sometimes I’m in the middle of writing an SGU script and think, ‘Hmm, this could be a funny line.’ More than once I’ve given Eli a little quip and then thought, ‘Wait a second. In reality, he would not make a joke in this moment because it’s far too serious.’ SGU has kind of a darker feel to it and it’s a whole different entity. So I can’t compare it to Atlantis. There are so many things about SGU that I really like as opposed to Atlantis and vice versa. Atlantis was a great deal of fun to do, as is SGU.”

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/s...argate-universe-writers-room-carl-binder.html

Warning: If you care, the article has spoilers about upcoming episodes of SGU.
The part the most interesting part of all entire article.THX for sharing this.