Canada's Space Channel Orders New Werewolf Series "Bitten"

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Couple things:

I think it's great that Space and Canadian television in general (much like British programming) is creating original series in the sci-fi/supernatural genres. The quality is usually quite good on these shows. Big thumbs up for them.

Now, I do have to posit the somewhat sexist question of how appealing is a female werewolf? The article mentioned that the show was "erotically-charged" which means there will be sex, lots of sex, but, are we talking canine sex? Seriously? Do people really want to see a fur covered (hairy) woman having sex? It's not like the vampire genre where it's easy to sex the characters up after all. We're literally talking canines here.

There's a show on MTV called Teen Wolf that has a female werewolf but they tend to show her more with just long fingernails and maybe some wild hair. The male characters tend to get hairy and more wolf looking. I can only assume this new show from Space will have the female lead be more vampy than canine like they do on Teen Wolf.

And don't even get me going on the werewolf versions in the Twilight series of movies. There was a female werewolf but as anyone who has seen those horrible, horrible, horrible movies knows the werewolves are just big, cuddly CGI dogs. There's hardly anything erotic about them and that even includes the fact that they have the werewolf characters walk around in as few clothes as possible when in human form. Greased-up pretty boys and one barely shown female character showing off their penciled in abs gets boring rather quickly I'm afraid.

So it will be interesting to see how they make this concept work, especially since they claim it's erotic, which is a tall order when it comes to what could amount to pseudo beastiality which is nasty and is best left to the likes of Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Couple things:

I think it's great that Space and Canadian television in general (much like British programming) is creating original series in the sci-fi/supernatural genres. The quality is usually quite good on these shows. Big thumbs up for them.

Now, I do have to posit the somewhat sexist question of how appealing is a female werewolf? The article mentioned that the show was "erotically-charged" which means there will be sex, lots of sex, but, are we talking canine sex? Seriously? Do people really want to see a fur covered (hairy) woman having sex? It's not like the vampire genre where it's easy to sex the characters up after all. We're literally talking canines here.

There's a show on MTV called Teen Wolf that has a female werewolf but they tend to show her more with just long fingernails and maybe some wild hair. The male characters tend to get hairy and more wolf looking. I can only assume this new show from Space will have the female lead be more vampy than canine like they do on Teen Wolf.

And don't even get me going on the werewolf versions in the Twilight series of movies. There was a female werewolf but as anyone who has seen those horrible, horrible, horrible movies knows the werewolves are just big, cuddly CGI dogs. There's hardly anything erotic about them and that even includes the fact that they have the werewolf characters walk around in as few clothes as possible when in human form. Greased-up pretty boys and one barely shown female character showing off their penciled in abs gets boring rather quickly I'm afraid.

So it will be interesting to see how they make this concept work, especially since they claim it's erotic, which is a tall order when it comes to what could amount to pseudo beastiality which is nasty and is best left to the likes of Linda Hamilton and Ron Perlman.
:D

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Couple things:

Space channel? Erotically charged?!?

Stop messing with my sci-fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, we all love sex, some (like me) more than others but GOD DAMMIT stop trying to spice up shitty production and bad writing with SEX!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGE!!!

angry.jpg

OMNI

can i just ask since when the hell is "supernatural" in ANY way related to anything remotly sci fi? imo supernatural shit is FANTASY ie dragons prinses and prinsesses unicorns dwarfs and all that crap basicly LOTR (which is TOTAL SUPREME fricking shit if there was any)

but to me supernaturalk and scienece fiction have NOTHING to do with eachother and they DO NOT mix..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
can i just ask since when the hell is "supernatural" in ANY way related to anything remotly sci fi? imo supernatural shit is FANTASY ie dragons prinses and prinsesses unicorns dwarfs and all that crap basicly LOTR (which is TOTAL SUPREME fricking shit if there was any)

but to me supernaturalk and scienece fiction have NOTHING to do with eachother and they DO NOT mix..

I think it's the fact that many people who are fans of scifi are also fans of supernatural stuff. As genres go they shouldn't be mixed I believe. When you do that you get crap like those ghosts in space movies where a space ship is haunted. Talk about lame, ugh!

OMNI

well personally i am not a fantasy/supernatural fan and when these places lob me in with those dwarfs and elwes people and say its the same i get offended and annoyed.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
well personally i am not a fantasy/supernatural fan and when these places lob me in with those dwarfs and elwes people and say its the same i get offended and annoyed.

So it's just being lobbed in with dwarf and elf people that offends you? Somehow I find that hard to believe. :anim_59: