Brass Tactics - Hidden Path Entertainment. Best Real-time Strategy for VR

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Brass Tactics from Hidden Path Entertainment.

BrassTacticsVR.png

It's the best available, simply put. Hidden Path has taken the real-time strategy genre to a whole new level it should have been on from the beginning. Imagine, you are a god-king/queen over a giant gameboard battling with your opponent god-king/queen for dominance. You each have a castle, and you must gather ore and jewels to have enough to build towers which will produce your armies and mechanized units. And DRAGONS too!

In virtual reality, you are IN this game, not watching it in 2D like traditional games in "3D" which are really just an angled 2D representation. In virtual reality, you see everything in 3D from every angle and they look like they can be touched. You can move up close to your hovering dragons, or drop down and take a close up look at your ground units. You are able to move all around the map with specialized "grips" which look like Borg assimilation tubes. :) The sound effects are great too. Although there are only about 8 maps, there are several levels of difficulty and depending on what you choose, you will have a different palette of units and abilities available. You have never played a game like this before, trust me!

This is me playing the A.I. in Aggressive mode on Easy.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, this came out ok! Very high quality (you can watch in HD too :)). More videos on the way, not just gameplay.

The voice actor is Shohreh Aghdashloo, of course. :) She talks plenty of smack during gameplay. If you like real-time strategy games like Age of Empires, this VR game fills that niche, only in virtual reality which is really a game changer. I love those little dragons! The Titan is cool too because he is such a badass. I did not know it, but you have a Thor hammer you can use to destroy already built towers or units (yours only). This comes in handy of you built Level I towers and you want to replace it with a Level II or Level III tower. There are no sea units...yet. And the map selection is limited at the moment but more are coming.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So it's the actress from The Expanse in this game then! According to Google, her name is Shohreh Aghdashloo. Just thought you might like to correct the misspelling of both first and last name in your post there. ;)

I can see the attraction in this game, but RTS isn't really my genre. I prefer slower paced games where I can relax and take as much time as I want to do the things I want.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So it's the actress from The Expanse in this game then! According to Google, her name is Shohreh Aghdashloo. Just thought you might like to correct the misspelling of both first and last name in your post there. ;)

I can see the attraction in this game, but RTS isn't really my genre. I prefer slower paced games where I can relax and take as much time as I want to do the things I want.

Done, and yeah there are other games in there like that. One of them is Aircar, where all you do is fly around a future city in an aircar, like a random drive. It feels very Blade Runner. The horror games in VR are particularly frightening. Mainly because any monsters or zombies or dinosaurs are life sized (or bigger). The game developers write in scenes where you are distracted by something you need to look at, then when you turn back forward there is a monster in your face! There are two little straps on the controllers, and now I know the reason they are there is because you can get so scared that you drop the controllers. :)