Bluetooth headsets...already passe.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
When the first bluetooth headsets came out, I was right on the wave...I had not one, but TWO different types. One earbud type with the ear hook, and the other with a mini boom mic for driving. But starting with my last Treo Pro Windows smartphone, and now with my Droid phone (Samsung Epic4G), I have only been using the car clamp and speaker phone feature of the phones to make mobile calls. I can go all day without ever needing any weird thing hanging on my ear. At the end of my bluetooth headset phase, I had gotten down to the smallest one I could find. But it was still unnatural.

So how else has that clamp come in handy? It allows you to quickly see incoming textx, you can use the navigation feature of the phone whilst driving and the phone will automatically give turn by turn vocal directions. You can track yourself AND several other people on a moving map (by adding them to your list and they add you as well). The bluetooth headset doesnt have a use anymore. It seemed just a little while back that it was almost seen as a status symbol for high tech. :) How things change....

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think they will come "back into vouge", but the functionality of them is dying down for sure.

S

Stonelesscutter

I got one of those things supplied with my previous phone but I have never used it. The phone has died quite some time ago.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've seriously considered getting one of those bluetooth things for the car, so I'm not driving around looking like one of the Borg (they don't look Swedish!).

I'm just trying to do some research before I settle on a particular model. I saw one that Motorola put out, but it didn't have enough reviews for me to take it seriously yet as an option. I always figure that the first few are straw horses placed by the manufacturer.

G

Graybrew1

I have a bluetooth device that connects to your cars radio system. No need for any headphones. It has a built in microphone that you hang on your visor and talk through and you can hear the other person on the radio. :icon_cool: