Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Season 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jason1983

GateFans Noob
I'm sorry....I know this poll has been done a million times on other sites but its been like 4 years since SG-1 ended so maybe peoples opinons on which season was the best has changed.

I voted for season 4. Although my favorite peroid of SG-1 starts at the last half of season 3 (starting with "Foothold" through season 4 and ending at the season 5 premier "Enemies." Those first 5 seasons were unique and very special.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
LOL, we have the same taste!

I'm sorry....I know this poll has been done a million times on other sites but its been like 4 years since SG-1 ended so maybe peoples opinons on which season was the best has changed.

I voted for season 4. Although my favorite peroid of SG-1 starts at the last half of season 3 (starting with "Foothold" through season 4 and ending at the season 5 premier "Enemies." Those first 5 seasons were unique and very special.

Yeah, I voted for season 4 as well. I did like season 6 when they added new technology, but season 4 felt more "Stargatey" to me and was pure Stargate without Treknology. The characters were all fleshed out and their relationships were solid. There was less horseplay between the characters, but just enough to keep things more serious than in later seasons.

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
This is just my own personal bias. I love SG1, all of the seasons. But I had to vote for season 7 because that's when the start looking for Atlantis. And I am partial to all things Atlantis. :)

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
I know I haven't seen all of it (so my vote doesn't count as much), but same here. The Lost City Pt.2 is the only SG-1 episode where I was like "WOO HOO!!!" That snow battle in the antarctic was EPIC!! I loved how they found the Atlantis outpost and the best part was when O'Neill released the drones and they all started tearing apart Anubis' mother ship. FANTASTIC!! Hoo-rah!!! :beckettu:

Am I a total dork that every time I see the drones tearing Anubis' ship apart I get teared up? I love that episode.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob

Yes, I completely agree with every little thing that you wrote. End of Season 3 through 4.
I also agree with Overmind that Stargate was a bit more serious then, and I also didn't like the advent of the ships very much although if they'd stayed small and somewhat scrappy, like the SG-1 team itself, I'd have been OK with it. I also liked the Carter/O'Neill dynamic then. Call me old-fashioned but angst sure beats humping in the broom closet.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I'm one of those oddballs who didn't care for the change in the show with the additions of Browder and Claudia Black...I thought it lost some of the humor I really enjoyed with SG1.

So, by the process of elimination, I liked all the seasons previous to theirs...but couldn't really pick a specific season or seasons of that block of them.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
10 years, 200 shows, no favorite season. They're all unique. They all have a few greats, a few funnies, a few slackers. Got a bit tired of replicators though.

I thought the transition to new actors at the end worked out well. As did the season with Corin Nemic. Too bad they didn't write him into Atlantis S4/5.

Trivia - I'm sure I saw the original human replicator that O'Neill blew away in a bank commercial here in Canada. Kinda weird.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
10 years, 200 shows, no favorite season. They're all unique. They all have a few greats, a few funnies, a few slackers. Got a bit tired of replicators though.

I thought the transition to new actors at the end worked out well. As did the season with Corin Nemic. Too bad they didn't write him into Atlantis S4/5.

Trivia - I'm sure I saw the original human replicator that O'Neill blew away in a bank commercial here in Canada. Kinda weird.
That reminds me, I saw JR Bourne (Martouf) as an assistant attorney in The Exorcism of Emily Rose last night. He looked like he was about 18 years old. And the opposing side's assistant attorney was The Chief from BSG. LOL! You never know where these guys are going to turn up.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
It's always funny to see people who've guested on one show you watch guesting on another...OR, even better...someone who played a villian/victim on Law & Order (and it's sister shows) showing up later as an attorney, a secondary character, or even a judge. LOL

What I particularly enjoy are inside jokes when that happens. ;)

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I like season 3 the most. The season entrance and exit was amazing! Also the mid season two parter where they go to Netu/Hell. Just an all around great season. Though 9 and 10 will always be important to me because that's what I started out with. With Oneill leaving and mitchell and vala coming in, the team significantly younger and fresher and maybe a bit 'cooler'?

deco

GateFans Noob
i cant pick 1 season like sg-rocks said every episode is unique and at the end of the series it was like i want more, sad that there isnt more
icon9.gif

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
Its between season 1 2 and 3 for me. I loved the season 2 finale and the season 3 opener the most
The Jonas Quinn season has some of my favorite episodes, tho

Currently watching Season 1 with my gf, her first time ever, and I think I might like it the most. The First Commandment, the Nox, Torment of Tantalus, There but for the Grace of God, the First One, Children of the Gods, Cold Bloodlines. All great, so I think I have to go with season 1.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
SG1 rules!!

It's always funny to see people who've guested on one show you watch guesting on another...OR, even better...someone who played a villian/victim on Law & Order (and it's sister shows) showing up later as an attorney, a secondary character, or even a judge. LOL

What I particularly enjoy are inside jokes when that happens. ;)
JR Bourne (martouf) as a bad guy in an NCIS ep was great!

My favorite season was season 8, they were tying up all the loose ends and it was a satisfying season for me. :D

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I think an even harder question is...what's your favorite episode?