BBCA The Fades

B

Backstep

The Fades

Starts Saturday Jan 14 at 9pm EDT

The program centers on an English teenager named Paul who is haunted by apocalyptic dreams that nobody can explain and is able to see spirits of the dead, known as the Fades, all round him. The Fades cannot be seen, smelt, heard or touched by other humans – they are what is left of humans who have died but not been accepted into Heaven. As such, the Fades left on Earth have become embittered and vengeful towards the human race. It is shown in the first episode that the Fades have found a way to become partly human again and regain control of touch within the real world. However, they remain unseen in the world except to those special few like Paul – 'Angelics' – who have the ability to perceive the Fades. Paul finds himself pulled into a conflict between the Angelics and the Fades, trying to prevent the Fades from breaking back into the world and destroying the human race.

Looks to be interesting just by the premise.

S

Stonelesscutter

I dunno. I'm not really into the ghosty stuff myself. But it could still be good.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Personally I thought the pilot was poorly directed and edited. It dragged horribly in parts and was wayyyy too long for what they were trying to convey. Plus they didn't explain things other than that "Paul" is an angst ridden teen. Yawn. The show was completely humorless and nothing but dour. If they're using it as a metaphor for the pains of adolescence that's just boring and stupid.

I'm sure the show will have a 6 episode run like all BBCA shows seem to but to be honest I don't expect to be watching. I vote PASS.

B

Backstep

Personally I thought the pilot was poorly directed and edited. It dragged horribly in parts and was wayyyy too long for what they were trying to convey. Plus they didn't explain things other than that "Paul" is an angst ridden teen. Yawn. The show was completely humorless and nothing but dour. If they're using it as a metaphor for the pains of adolescence that's just boring and stupid.

I'm sure the show will have a 6 episode run like all BBCA shows seem to but to be honest I don't expect to be watching. I vote PASS.

I to was very under-impressed with the pilot. The angstly teen theme will be the forefront as he fights with himself to fight the Fades.