BBC Mini Series Invasion: Earth (1998)

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
invasion earth bbc 1998.JPG

I don't think this was on or shown abroad so maybe only us Brits could remember this. As the title would suggest guess what it does involve the invasion of earth, however there was some very creative aspects to this, namely the alien invaders, you see very little of them and their mission is horrifyingly simple. So trying to avoid absolutely huge spoilers (not too sure if people would like or hate me for that) it does the invasion in a very different manner, not with huge intergalactic space ships but something else, something that can't be shot down or engaged in the conventional sense.

The sad part is, this is only a mini series by the BBC and being the BBC never had the funding or industry capability to actually make a fully realized television series. With that said I would highly recommend this as it provides some interesting takes on aliens and how humans would combat an alien threat.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This looks good....

View attachment 2779

I don't think this was on or shown abroad so maybe only us Brits could remember this. As the title would suggest guess what it does involve the invasion of earth, however there was some very creative aspects to this, namely the alien invaders, you see very little of them and their mission is horrifyingly simple. So trying to avoid absolutely huge spoilers (not too sure if people would like or hate me for that) it does the invasion in a very different manner, not with huge intergalactic space ships but something else, something that can't be shot down or engaged in the conventional sense.

The sad part is, this is only a mini series by the BBC and being the BBC never had the funding or industry capability to actually make a fully realized television series. With that said I would highly recommend this as it provides some interesting takes on aliens and how humans would combat an alien threat.

I wanna see this! I was pleasantly surprised at a little known sci-fi movie called The Quiet Earth which was also a British film. The way you are describing this movie reminds me of that sort of storytelling. Im very interested...will give it a look-see. :)

It's available via Netflix streaming for those in the US!

For some reason this feels familiar to me like I've seen it before. Regardless, it's in my queue! Thanks!!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

View attachment 2779

I think I remember this show & I have been trying to remember the name of it for ages so I could watch it.

Is it the show where, in the end of the last episode they
discover that the aliens come from a multi-layered alternate dimension of infinite size?

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Reviving an old thread.

I've found a youtube channel that hosts all of the episodes (albiet in standard 15minute segments) so if you guys want I'll post them up (in the correct order of course).

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Reviving an old thread.

I've found a youtube channel that hosts all of the episodes (albiet in standard 15minute segments) so if you guys want I'll post them up (in the correct order of course).

Yes, please!