AXANAR live streaming on YT now for 4th trailer

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i dont know if he has been in these trailers, but in prelude to axanar, the character Garth of Izar..isn't he the same one in TOS who was on the planet with the insane asylum?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i dont know if he has been in these trailers, but in prelude to axanar, the character Garth of Izar..isn't he the same one in TOS who was on the planet with the insane asylum?

YES. That's the character.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
idk if anyone posted these items yet, but i have been getting axanar and axanar related video suggestions on yt

this video is visually stunning, i would think the music would be a little more aggressive though. as one commentator said, the Hu would make great klingon music

i realize the footage is from axanar but is the arrangement, the editing, part of axanar or did the video poster put it together?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And this, ST: INTERLUDE (axanar)

a crowd funder for a film between prelude to ax and axanar. it started 4 months ago. axanar tptbs are allowing this project to use their sets and studio and are lending them some actors as well

and, aside, i know that axanar is allowed to only be what 2 15 min episodes instead of a full film? are they allowed to make other movies axanar related?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i know that axanar is a great step to keep real trek alive, but is this true to actual trek? i mean, it is all combat centric with dedicated warships

we saw Sisko say of the defiant 'its the first ship SF ever built just for combat' but then we see the Ares is that instead.

but with that detraction of mine aside, these look like great films. i have watched prelude and imo, Tony Todd could be filmed reciting crayon colors and it would be a hit. and anything of this calibre and genuine tone and attitude of Trek (vs std's total lack of a correct Trek attitude) is well worth the wait

DrWho42

GateFans Member
iirc pamela sargent and george zebrowski wrote a 2003 novel garth of izar:
latest

The novel established that Garth's ship at the time of his injury was the USS Heisenberg, and that when his crew attempted to relieve him of command, Garth vaporized his first and second officers with a phaser before he was subdued. The novel depicted a now-rehabilitated Garth assisting the crew in averting a civil war on Antos IV, some of whose inhabitants had taken up arms after their initial encounter with Garth.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And this, ST: INTERLUDE (axanar)

a crowd funder for a film between prelude to ax and axanar. it started 4 months ago. axanar tptbs are allowing this project to use their sets and studio and are lending them some actors as well

and, aside, i know that axanar is allowed to only be what 2 15 min episodes instead of a full film? are they allowed to make other movies axanar related?

There is a brand new challenge from ViacomCBS about this. Those studios were paid for by funds which were being collected to produce Axanar, and the challenge is that they were misappropriated, and that Alex Peters is still using Axanar to make profit:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/10/04/cbs-sends-breach-of-notice-to-star-trek-fan-film-axanar/