Art Thread

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I don't quite understand how he sees what the end result will look like before he takes away the excessive sand. Hold it up, the sand drops, a completely different picture appears. Almost as if he took a poster, sprinkled some sand on it, then lifted it up to make it seem like he made something.

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I don't quite understand how he sees what the end result will look like before he takes away the excessive sand. Hold it up, the sand drops, a completely different picture appears. Almost as if he took a poster, sprinkled some sand on it, then lifted it up to make it seem like he made something.

My guess is that he uses glue to inititally stick the sand. Anything excess on top he removes

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
My guess is that he uses glue to inititally stick the sand. Anything excess on top he removes
Well yes, it says so in the video. But how can you see what you're doing with all that sand in the way.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well yes, it says so in the video. But how can you see what you're doing with all that sand in the way.

You apply the glue first, dump sand on it, then shake the sand away. The sand sticks to wherever the glue was.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You apply the glue first, dump sand on it, then shake the sand away. The sand sticks to wherever the glue was.
Okay, why is it that everyone is talking to me now like I'm dumb, huh? Obviously the glue is applied first and then the sand. But if you look at the video, you'll see a whole lot of sand on those canvasses and then when it falls off the image underneath looks nothing like the load of sand which was on top. As the guy is crafting these images little by little, he can't really see the parts which are already covered by sand to use them as a reference point for the next part he'll be crafting. That's what I mean. It's like painting a portrait while the part you painted already is completely covered up. One would expect a lot of mistakes. Yet when the sand is removed here, the image underneath is perfect.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, why is it that everyone is talking to me now like I'm dumb, huh? Obviously the glue is applied first and then the sand. But if you look at the video, you'll see a whole lot of sand on those canvasses and then when it falls off the image underneath looks nothing like the load of sand which was on top. As the guy is crafting these images little by little, he can't really see the parts which are already covered by sand to use them as a reference point for the next part he'll be crafting. That's what I mean. It's like painting a portrait while the part you painted already is completely covered up. One would expect a lot of mistakes. Yet when the sand is removed here, the image underneath is perfect.

I see what you are saying...