Are they going to find a frozen Ancient?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Saw this article and was reminded of SG1's season six episode : Frozen.

http://www.redorbit.com/news/scienc...ticas_lake_vostok/index.html?source=r_science
Russian scientists are set to pierce through Antarctica’s frozen surface to reveal the secrets of an icebound lake that has been sealed deep there for the past 15 million years.
Alexei Turkeyev, head of the Russian polar Vostok Station, told Reuters by satellite phone that scientists have “only a bit left to go.” His team has been drilling for weeks in a race to reach the lake -- buried 12,000 feet beneath the polar ice cap -- before the end of the brief Antarctic summer.
With the quickly returning onset of winter, scientists will be forced to leave on the last flight out on February 6. “It's minus 40 (Celsius/Fahrenheit) outside,” said Turkeyev. “But whatever, we're working. We're feeling good. There's only 5 meters left until we get to the lake so it'll all be very soon.” .......
will they find Ayiana?:D

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Minus the plague, hopefully. :smiley_squee:
my thought too. It's just funny when I see a new item that reminds me of stargate. On the other hand- while leaving the airport yesterday i passed a mac truck that looked like it was hauling a stargate...but they had a tarp over it so i couldn't see which stargate it was....;)

Last edited:

PegDIG2004

GateFans Noob
my thought too. It's jsut funny when I see a new item that reminds me of stargate. On the other hand- while leaving the airport yesterday i passed a mac truck that looked like it was hauling a stargate...but they had a tarp over it so i couldn't see which stargate it was....;)

I love seeing news articles that make me think, hmmmm.... what crazy, Stargatey thing is actually going on here, that we will probably never actually be told.

Insomnium

GateFans Cadet
Had to do it

And will the ancient be played by Christopher Lloyd?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC8zz95rm8s