Am really enjoying this...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I've been reading so-called "epic fantasy" since I was a little girl, but had never picked up this series (gawd only knows why).

That said, I find that I'm really enjoying this series. I don't normally care for multiple points of view, but it really seems to work here.

I think I'm driving my daughter a bit crazy, as I seem to have my face buried in my Kindle lately, devouring the novel. LOL

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
That's a big list, but the main ones I like that can think of offhand (without grabbing the book to doublecheck) are Jon, the Imp, Bran, Arya (though I currently want to shove her sister out of an anachronistic airlock at the moment)...

I'm suddenly realizing the list is a lot longer than I knew. I'll have to get back to you on this. :)

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Yeah, it's a long character list. Well, I've read I think four of the series and now I only like Jon sort of and Arya slightly and only one other character, everyone else is just bleh, petty conniving people. You'll hate the sister later on, I hated her from the get go.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Yeah, it's a long character list. Well, I've read I think four of the series and now I only like Jon sort of and Arya slightly and only one other character, everyone else is just bleh, petty conniving people. You'll hate the sister later on, I hated her from the get go.
Oh, I do hate her. She's a whiny little twit who hasn't the sense gawd gave a slug.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
She becomes a whiny annoying twit who you wish would die later on. Sorry, my own dislike of the series seeping through. One of the things I really don't like is when writers write things for 'shock-value'. This guy does it a lot. Eh, I'll let you judge. I wish they'd focus on the fantasy portions a bit more in the series.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
She becomes a whiny annoying twit who you wish would die later on. Sorry, my own dislike of the series seeping through. One of the things I really don't like is when writers write things for 'shock-value'. This guy does it a lot. Eh, I'll let you judge. I wish they'd focus on the fantasy portions a bit more in the series.

I enjoyed the first book but by book 3 it just dragged. i sloooowly read book three and four and I'm not sure if I'll bother with the last one. It's sooooo convoluted at times. :P

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I enjoyed the first book but by book 3 it just dragged. i sloooowly read book and four and I'm not sure if I'll bother with the final one. It's sooooo convoluted at times. :P

There's only supposed to be 5 books? No way. Things are left wide open so far in the fourth book, I've read it. And they only cover half the characters in it.
Basically, he kills a lot of the characters for shock value, but you know he isn't going to kill the ones he spent a lot of time developing, mainly bran, arya, and the dragon girl whose name escapes me currently. I hate the petty politics, its so childish. I know this series is supposed to be oh so 'adult' but pettiness is seen as adult these days? Seems all you need is sex and angsty conflicts to be deemed mature tv.

:D
If you like high fantasy, check them out.

Who's it by? But have to warn you, I'm already reading like 5 different books right now and haven't had a chance due to school and crap. I swear it just numbs my mind, occupying it. Hate it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mzzz
Raymond E Feist.
The first trilogy is Magician, Silverthorn, Darkness at Sethanon.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
started watching this about a week or 2 ago and i was hooked by the second episode its one hell of a show really, i have since seen all episodes and ive also read book 4-5 (season 4-5) spoiling myself rotten on what is yet to come in the tv series :D

if you havnt watched it yet and you are looking for some killtime before the fall lineup of shows starts up in a month or so id def recomend it.