Almost Human on Fox

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
*sigh*

Total Recall: 2070.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The robot-cum-human premise has been examined almost ad nauseum by this point. That said, I won't hate on this particular show...yet. It's an interesting scifi premise I think, the question of when does AI attain sentience, yadda yadda.

Plus the show has Karl Urban, who is good, and it also stars Lily Taylor, the queen of bad indie films and lousy TV shows. She's a must watch type of actor. :anim_59:

(*Incidentally, some years ago I remember telling a friend of mine that I wanted to write a screenplay called LilyTaylor Got a Gun because for some reason she's played numerous characters that have shot people and/or held a gun. It reached the point of absurdity when just about every role I caught her in was some whacked-out crazy chick. Suffice to say, she is fab!)

Bluce Ree

The robot-cum-human premise has been examined almost ad nauseum by this point. That said, I won't hate on this particular show...yet. It's an interesting scifi premise I think, the question of when does AI attain sentience, yadda yadda.

Plus the show has Karl Urban, who is good, and it also stars Lily Taylor, the queen of bad indie films and lousy TV shows. She's a must watch type of actor. :anim_59:

(*Incidentally, some years ago I remember telling a friend of mine that I wanted to write a screenplay called LilyTaylor Got a Gun because for some reason she's played numerous characters that have shot people and/or held a gun. It reached the point of absurdity when just about every role I caught her in was some whacked-out crazy chick. Suffice to say, she is fab!)

What's "robot cum"?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
What's "robot cum"?

Gutter -- mind -- remove it from. :P

I'm using it in the proper sense as defined here:

cum

/ko͝om/

Preposition
Combined with; also used as (used to describe things with a dual nature or function): "a study-cum-bedroom".

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watched the pilot episode at SDComicCon this year.

I really liked what I saw. Plus, I don't mind having an extended time to stare at Karl Urban, either. <grin>
--- merged: Aug 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM ---
The series follows Detective John Kennex (Urban, Star Trek Into Darkness) and his android partner, Dorian (Michael Ealy, The Good Wife) in a future Los Angeles. It’s a world where artificial lifeforms have become commonplace in law enforcement, driving questions about what it means to be a person.
In this future, human cops are required by law to have an android partner. They have no choice in the matter.

Urban's character has just returned to work after an extended period (a couple years) where he was recovering from a crippling injury he received during a nasty-ass firefight that killed his human partner.

He's got his prejudices against androids, as he was left alone by an android officer the day he lost his leg and his partner after the android decided his partner (although still breathing) was beyond saving.

Bluce Ree

Gutter -- mind -- remove it from. :P

I'm using it in the proper sense as defined here:

cum

/ko͝om/

Preposition
Combined with; also used as (used to describe things with a dual nature or function): "a study-cum-bedroom".

Yeah, I made my wife /ko om/ 4x since this morning. I'm feeling a little drained right now. I'm waiting for blood to rush back up to my brain so I can think of something clever to say.

Bluce Ree

Yeah, I made my wife /ko om/ 4x since this morning. I'm feeling a little drained right now. I'm waiting for blood to rush back up to my brain so I can think of something clever to say.

Make that 5x. Damned spring & summer always boils up my hormones. I'm done for today.