Alien Vs Predator (PC) 2010

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
well since i now have a rig capable of doing some gaming on im acquiring this game ive heard good things about it and you are suposedly able to play as humans aliens or predators which imo is major cool and the gameplay is suposed to be quite good along with the story..

anyone else here played this and have some insight?

OMNI

ok so having played for about an hour i can def say i LOVE this game and as a HUGE predator fan im having a blast blowing aliens and humans up slicing their heads off cloaking going to heat vision while cloaked up in a tree jumping down on em and slicing em to pieces.. oh what FUN!!

yo overmind!! youd love this bro!

OMNI

runs really smooth on my rig too getitng around 50-70fps in 1080p settings and qual maxed out tho im playing on 720p so i get around 90fps and a smoother gameplay overall.
controlls will tkae some getting used to but its standard First person shooter controlls so not all that hard to grasp and you gt a tutorial at the start.

LOVE IT!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
runs really smooth on my rig too getitng around 50-70fps in 1080p settings and qual maxed out tho im playing on 720p so i get around 90fps and a smoother gameplay overall.
controlls will tkae some getting used to but its standard First person shooter controlls so not all that hard to grasp and you gt a tutorial at the start.

LOVE IT!

Sounds like fun! Is there LAN play available? I noticed that Arma II does have real LAN pay which would allow online multiplayer without using somebody elses server. :)

OMNI

tho i have not investigated the multiplayer yet but game does have one.. dont know if its co-op or for matches or something (AvP)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes and yes ;)

Okay, then I need to upgrade my rig...Im off to Fry's! Its about time, and after not getting my monster machine from HP I am feeling a bit miffed. :tongue:

OMNI

Okay, then I need to upgrade my rig...Im off to Fry's! Its about time, and after not getting my monster machine from HP I am feeling a bit miffed. :tongue:

i wouldve thought you already had a very capable rig? what are you currently running?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i wouldve thought you already had a very capable rig? what are you currently running?

I have an i3 2.96mhz processor with 8GB RAM on a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Intel H61 motherboard, and an EVGA 1GB N8400GS graphics card, 3 1TB SATA drives in a RAID5. Modest compared to your machine, but not a slacker. Yes, it will run on my machine, but I wants me some mo POWAHHHH! Its a far cry from an i7 with 16gb RAM.

In ended up just upgrading the RAM (was 4GB now is 8GB).

OMNI

I have an i3 2.96mhz processor with 8GB RAM on a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Intel H61 motherboard, and an EVGA 1GB N8400GS graphics card, 3 1TB SATA drives in a RAID5. Modest compared to your machine, but not a slacker. Yes, it will run on my machine, but I wants me some mo POWAHHHH! Its a far cry from an i7 with 16gb RAM.

In ended up just upgrading the RAM (was 4GB now is 8GB).

Gotcha! and yes def not a slacker :) donno bout the GPU tho as ive only been looking at nvidia ones recently. and more ram is allways good :)

anyway i finished the predator story line i still have the marine and alien ones to go.. felt short tho but was fun none the less ill def be replaying it as a predator several times before i do marines and alien tho.

the story overall is intresting imo typical AVP story with all that jazz ;)

OMNI

also i need to update my GPU as this one is very mid range ie i can play older and current games on "high" but not "ultra" and upcoming releases ie high end graphic heavy games not so much.. id kill for a nvidia GTX 680 :P donno if i could fit one tho... my tower is tiny.