After - Earth Trailer(Featuring Will Smith)

heisenberg

Earl Grey

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:anim_59: I love how all of us share the exact same opinion on this one.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The pity is Smith can act. He just needs better material than Shaymalan's dreck.

OTOH the promo for Pacific Rim looked fun - kind of like a futuristic Kaiju movie.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I think I'd rather like to see how the 'apocalyptic' event plays out, the initial outbreak. Usually, most movies and shows don't show this, they usually just show the aftermath of it. Cloverfield and all those other crap like that don't count, I don't want to see stupid ffin teenagers with shaky cams screaming like a bunch of pansies. Think all of them are really post-apocalyptic. Not many are actual mid-apocalyptic. It's like coming into view everything after sex. I don't wanna see that...Ok don't take that the wrong way, I'm not some sadist thinking an apocalyptic event wiping out most of humanity is like sex.....I'll shut up now.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
:anim_59: I love how all of us share the exact same opinion on this one.
Will Smith is an awesome actor. M. Night is the best writer director on Earth. Smith Jr is the best child actor ever. His mom is the best hard rock singer and his sister rules the rap scene

happy now? :icon_lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Will Smith is an awesome actor. M. Night is the best writer director on Earth. Smith Jr is the best child actor ever. His mom is the best hard rock singer and his sister rules the rap scene

happy now? :icon_lol:

018_fry-argh-1.gif

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Boy isn't she an awesome singer? (the sardonic air is choking)

If this family isn't yet Christian Scientists then I am not sure what they are waiting for (they think they do all modes of entertainment and think they are good at it, they have that "positive flow" stuff from L. Ron Hubbard, et al.

Read before where smith wouldn't answer on weather or not he is a christian scientist. This new movie seems to fit the bill of L. Ron's vision though.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Boy isn't she an awesome singer? (the sardonic air is choking)

If this family isn't yet Christian Scientists then I am not sure what they are waiting for (they think they do all modes of entertainment and think they are good at it, they have that "positive flow" stuff from L. Ron Hubbard, et al.

Read before where smith wouldn't answer on weather or not he is a christian scientist. This new movie seems to fit the bill of L. Ron's vision though.

I think you're confusing Scientology with Christian Scientists. They're not the same thing and L. Ron Hubbard had nothing to do with the latter. The Christian Scientist religion was founded by Mary Baker Eddy and its foundation is based on Christian religion whereas Scientology isn't.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think you're confusing Scientology with Christian Scientists. They're not the same thing and L. Ron Hubbard had nothing to do with the latter. The Christian Scientist religion was founded by Mary Baker Eddy and its foundation is based on Christian religion whereas Scientology isn't.

Yes Scientology thanks..but you know what I mean..L. Ron Hubbard's post apocalyptic and other 'after human' Earth sci-fi/ fantasy scenarios. This trailer seems to show hints at some of those themes

Will Smith and his wife are on the record has having been 'courted' by other actors who are members, though he never said if he joined or not.

just one snippet:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/03/will-smith-jada-tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce/

my problem with actors/singers who are scientologist is akin to some ppl's issues with Mitt Romney being a Mormon and running for President. Their positions and the way they are looked up at gives them undue and unfettered access to those who 'worship' them (the actors).

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Would be nice if there really was a separation of church and state. But alas, there are quite a few people that think morality isn't possible without some sort of religious affiliation or assume too much about some religious affiliation. I don't an atheist president will get taken seriously anytime in the near future because any potential candidate would end up being someone who is church-going or not even in contention if they aren't.