"After Earth" A Stealth Intro To Scientology?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not a Wil Smith fan and definitely not a M. Night Shamalamadingdong fan either. Plus the blatant nepotism that Smith keeps doing with his son is a turn off in many respects. I think the kid is talented but his talent is being over shadowed by the huge blinking neon sign that says "MY DAD GOT ME THIS ACTING JOB!"

This film, if it should have been made at all, should have been a Disney flick for kids.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Smith and his wife gave a large amount of money for the opening of a private school that uses Scientologists techniques and teachers on the kids.

It's like someone being gay and everyone knows it, but the person who is gay believes they are too heavily closeted for anyone else to possibly know it.
Will, we know you're a Scientologist, so pull your head out of the sand and stop pretending you're anything but.

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Smith and his wife gave a large amount of money for the opening of a private school that uses Scientologists techniques and teachers on the kids.

It's like someone being gay and everyone knows it, but the person who is gay believes they are too heavily closeted for anyone else to possibly know it.
Will, we know you're a Scientologist, so pull your head out of the sand and stop pretending you're anything but.

I actually like will smith as an actor but hearing the news that he is most likely a Scientology, well, a part of died inside. :(. His role in the fresh prince of bel air is uncanny and cannot be surpassed.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

There are tons of pics of Wil Smith and he bestest male friend sharing a hotel room together. Even Kanye and Kim were hanging with Wil and his "friend". Dude needs to stop hiding behind Scientology and be honest with himself. Now that's some serious "auditing'. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Will Smith has long denied that he's a Scientologist, but he's certainly given them a lot of money in the past, and now this...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/earth-as-scientology-propaganda-what-559943

OMG, this movie is getting reamed in reviews. :facepalm:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/02/after-earth-reviews-m-night-shyamalan/

this from that same page...

10. “Summer 2013 has its first bomb, and sadly, it’s landed right on Will Smith.” — Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
9. “It’s impossible to take this movie seriously, certainly not as seriously as it takes itself.” — Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
8. “Even with his charismatic dad in his earpiece calling the shots, Jaden can’t turn himself into a movie star by sheer force of Will.” — Dana Stevens, Slate
7. “As for the plot, I guess recycling remains in vogue centuries from now.” — Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times
6. “Not since John Travolta kicked the tires on Battlefield Earth and pronounced it good to go has there been a big-name sci-fi flameout quite as disastrous as Will Smith’s After Earth.” — Kurt Loder, Reason.com
5. “The director of The Sixth Sense used to be known for his surprise endings, but the only twist that could explain this mind-numbing nonsense is if we awakened to discover we’d been imprisoned in pods and subjected to a sequel called After Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Shyamalan.” — Joe Williams, St. Louis Post Dispatch
4. “Actually, in Critics Academy we are taught never to end a review with a sarcastic quote from the film under consideration; the tactic is just too easy and cheesy. Yet here the temptation proves irresistible. So here’s one more. After some mini-castastrophe, Kitai mutters, ‘That sucked.’ Radios his dad: ‘Correct, Cadet.’” — Richard Corliss, Time
3. “After Earth has a hint of the skin-crawling fright of Shyamalan films past [... but] not enough to explain why the director’s films keep getting worse. It must be body snatchers, ones from a planet that has no clue how to make a movie.” — Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
2. “Eleven years and several progressively more dreadful movies after Signs, director M. Night Shyamalan would be lucky to get a gig directing traffic.” Lou Lumenick, New York Post

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I have been saying for quite awhile that many believe that the Smith's are closet scientologists. They all do that "am all, be all; singer,actor,rapper,heavy metal singer" thing.

They all push the limits-all 4 of them and expand into areas of "talent" that exceed their innate or proven abilities (don't believe me? just TRY to listen to one of Jada Smith's heavy metal songs). And the little girl with her "pull my hair (or whatever) ditty is a real talent wreck.

But all of this limit pushing is what the scientoligist believe in-IF they are using L.Ron's techniques that allow them to do it.

I think that Smith's pr people have probably strongly advised him to not come out as a Scientologist-The bad rap would wreck him as it almost did Cruise.

But hey, if the acting/singing thing doesn't work for Jaden and his sis there is always the church's "Sea Org"!!!

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Sea_Org?o=2801&qsrc=999

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
SeaOrg is notorious for essentially taking kids away from their folks and forbidding contact until they have been brainwashed to the point where they are pretty much unable to think on their own beyond what's "best" for CoS and it's ruling entity (Miscavige).

It's all pretty damned hinky. They'll even go through folks' trash to find out stuff about them to "ruin" them, if they are deemed to be "suppressive persons".

heisenberg

Earl Grey
OMG, this movie is getting reamed in reviews. :facepalm:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/06/02/after-earth-reviews-m-night-shyamalan/

this from that same page...

10. “Summer 2013 has its first bomb, and sadly, it’s landed right on Will Smith.” — Joe Neumaier, New York Daily News
9. “It’s impossible to take this movie seriously, certainly not as seriously as it takes itself.” — Peter Rainer, Christian Science Monitor
8. “Even with his charismatic dad in his earpiece calling the shots, Jaden can’t turn himself into a movie star by sheer force of Will.” — Dana Stevens, Slate
7. “As for the plot, I guess recycling remains in vogue centuries from now.” — Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times
6. “Not since John Travolta kicked the tires on Battlefield Earth and pronounced it good to go has there been a big-name sci-fi flameout quite as disastrous as Will Smith’s After Earth.” — Kurt Loder, Reason.com
5. “The director of The Sixth Sense used to be known for his surprise endings, but the only twist that could explain this mind-numbing nonsense is if we awakened to discover we’d been imprisoned in pods and subjected to a sequel called After Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Shyamalan.” — Joe Williams, St. Louis Post Dispatch
4. “Actually, in Critics Academy we are taught never to end a review with a sarcastic quote from the film under consideration; the tactic is just too easy and cheesy. Yet here the temptation proves irresistible. So here’s one more. After some mini-castastrophe, Kitai mutters, ‘That sucked.’ Radios his dad: ‘Correct, Cadet.’” — Richard Corliss, Time
3. “After Earth has a hint of the skin-crawling fright of Shyamalan films past [... but] not enough to explain why the director’s films keep getting worse. It must be body snatchers, ones from a planet that has no clue how to make a movie.” — Betsy Sharkey, Los Angeles Times
2. “Eleven years and several progressively more dreadful movies after Signs, director M. Night Shyamalan would be lucky to get a gig directing traffic.” Lou Lumenick, New York Post

It's no wonder it's so bad...Have a look who wrote the screenplay. :facepalm: :lol:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I have been saying for quite awhile that many believe that the Smith's are closet scientologists. They all do that "am all, be all; singer,actor,rapper,heavy metal singer" thing.

They all push the limits-all 4 of them and expand into areas of "talent" that exceed their innate or proven abilities (don't believe me? just TRY to listen to one of Jada Smith's heavy metal songs). And the little girl with her "pull my hair (or whatever) ditty is a real talent wreck.

But all of this limit pushing is what the scientoligist believe in-IF they are using L.Ron's techniques that allow them to do it.

I think that Smith's pr people have probably strongly advised him to not come out as a Scientologist-The bad rap would wreck him as it almost did Cruise.

But hey, if the acting/singing thing doesn't work for Jaden and his sis there is always the church's "Sea Org"!!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
SeaOrg is notorious for essentially taking kids away from their folks and forbidding contact until they have been brainwashed to the point where they are pretty much unable to think on their own beyond what's "best" for CoS and it's ruling entity (Miscavige).

It's all pretty damned hinky. They'll even go through folks' trash to find out stuff about them to "ruin" them, if they are deemed to be "suppressive persons".

I watched an Australian (ABC I think) doc. on the "church" and the SeaOrg and how several parents basically had to kidnap their daughters to get them back.

All I can think is that the "church" must have powerful friends--beyond movie stars-- to not be getting "looked into" or shut down by LE or other gov. entities. The gov goes after the polygamists sects out west-who incidentally have no powerful or big name members, but leave these strange people alone.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I watched an Australian (ABC I think) doc. on the "church" and the SeaOrg and how several parents basically had to kidnap their daughters to get them back.

All I can think is that the "church" must have powerful friends--beyond movie stars-- to not be getting "looked into" or shut down by LE or other gov. entities. The gov goes after the polygamists sects out west-who incidentally have no powerful or big name members, but leave these strange people alone.
The CoS makes sure they know where all the bodies are buried, so to speak, and I'm sure have threatened anyone who even nods toward the idea of an investigation with revealing those secrets.

Hubbard made a point of telling his people many many years ago that dirty tricks to silence those who "threatened" Scientology were not only the "right" thing to do, but downright encouraged.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
am a fan of some of smith's work- not his wife or kid's "work" though-- he has the lion's share of the talent in that family! he obviously didn't marry talent or pass it in his genes! :P

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Are these kids kept in such a bubble that they can't help but commit a sort of "class interbreeding"? I mean, isn't an affair between Smith's kid and the Jenner girl (a "Kardashian" family member) kind of predictable?

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-ne...lie-jaden-caught-holding-hands-180525020.html

Also, though the plots of the 2 movies are different, do you see Cruise's ONBLIVION and AFTER EARTH as compendium pieces in the "name of scientology" as apocalyptic humanity "rebirth" is a vein of Hubbard's?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Much worse....trust me. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Are you saying YOU were a scientologist once and they put Jim on your ass as punishment for turning your back on the church? Wow! That's harsh!

:rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::laughing: Jim is manageable. :)