Actor John Wood (Wargames) Passes...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
From what I read this morning, he apparently passed away in his sleep, at the age of 81.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939795/

He was indeed one of my favorite character actors.

Rest in peace, Mr Wood.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
What a talent...from john Dudley in Lady to Jane to thurlow in The Madness of King George to edward IV in Richard III....he was notable in so many ways. RIP.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yes he was in ladyhawke as well. Speaking of Ladyhawke, I recently watched that for the first time on my on demand...that movie was better than I expected. :)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I was smitten with that movie when it came out, and was all hot and bothered about Rutger Hauer -- and then he didn't age well at all. On a side note, the pics sent out by his then-management all had him smoking. Euw! You're not going to see something like that these days.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I was smitten with that movie when it came out, and was all hot and bothered about Rutger Hauer -- and then he didn't age well at all. On a side note, the pics sent out by his then-management all had him smoking. Euw! You're not going to see something like that these days.

i don't know how we missed it...must have been between the morning sickness the breastfeeding and the potty-training....the early 80's are a bit of a blur! :P It is interesting...yes hauer hasn't aged well but Michelle Pfieffer is still lovely. Matthew Broderick as mouse/phillipe was funny and good...he was born the same year as my hubby- but still looked 13, while hubby looked older than his 23 years (at the time). funny about genetics isn't it? :D