X-Files

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Big fan here. Currently working thru Season 2. Fresh Bones had kiddie Jamil in it and the one I have in now has Colin Cunningham as a sub officer. Hope you all know Amanda Tapping played a hooker in one ep.

Here's something I came across last night that might be interesting. Shit do they build these things on 3 foot lot lines? This is Gillian Anderson's Malibu beach house. I don't know if she still owns it or has sold it to the dog torturer for 5 million bucks. Oh yeah, her real house is a bit bigger.

Attachments

• Gillian+Anderson+Beach+Homes+0nZqwttrOk3l.jpg
    Gillian+Anderson+Beach+Homes+0nZqwttrOk3l.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 151
Fan #2!!!

When SGU began it's nauseating descent into hell, I filled up my Netflix queue with scifi shows to ease my pain and the first I started to rewatch was the X-Files. I remember my mother and I watching this back in the day and being scared out of boots!

I had forgotten just how much was covered in that first season! It was really a great story arc. And Cancer man was pure evil!! Love him! I think I'm up to season 3 or 4. I don't know if I want to re-watch the Mulder-less seasons, so I slowed down my viewings to twice a week and have thrown in SG-1 in there to pad it out.

Even after all this time, the stories are still fun and I'm enjoying it.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I find hours of their monotone mumbling to be quite relaxing. And they were always well dressed, not slobs like Eli. Eye candy of course.

What I really admire about X-Files is the ability to take a simple screwy idea and create 44 minutes of excellent drama out of it. What I don't like is that once you've seen an episode twice you really don't get much more out of it. Unless it's one of the complex arc stories. I can watch SG stuff repeatedly and never get tired of them.

Yeah Dogget & Gish were an acquired taste. They did OK. Remember the Brady Bunch House episode with Bud Bundy in the beginning? LOL

I also checked out S1 of Millennium. Another good Chris Carter series.

Other than seeing the odd episode on tv and remembering why I loved this show much, this is actually the first time I've ever rewatched the entire series. And I agree with you, I don't think I could start watching season 1 again for a long time because you get the "been there, done that" vibe. But all seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis remain in my queue at all times! I need immediate access to it!!!

Regarding AT having a cameo role, because it was shot in Vancouver, you'll start to see lots of younger SG characters popping up. You can't go three episodes without pointing at the screen and going, "Hey, that's the guy from..."

Millenium is excellent. Even with his annoying wife, I thoroughly enjoyed it although I never finished the entire series. Now that you've reminded me, something to add to my to do list.

Red Mage

Boney
Never was a big follower of X-Files. I liked the episodes I've seen. I just never tune into FOX. A few episodes that stick out in my mind are the one with the green bugs that kill people in darkness, one with Mulder infiltrating a military base and getting his memory erased and the 2 parter with Mulder switching his body with some Area 51 agent with a crappy family life.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
X-Files was the #1 show to my wife and I throughout the entire series . Even after David left it was still very weird and spooky . It was usually watched with a glass of wine sitting together in the dark close together (no kids yet ) and just emersing ourselves .
We have to give sgpoo some credit here for making us return and rerun to our list of shows that worked and entertained us . That is the only credit it will receive from me .

heisenberg

Earl Grey
I found x-files died after Mulder left the series absolutely caved in and started losing it's awesomeness. The stories became very weak to a point where I was forcing myself to watch it. Even the ending for X-files was very weak so many lose ends that they didn't tie up...The sequel for the movie was actually good but had nothing to do wih the overall alien invasion.

I hope we see a 3rd movie, because, there are so many unanswered questions.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
I just realized that I have never seen the 2nd movie . Where have I been !!! A 3rd would be awesome !!!